Take Home A Piece Of Hollywood History From John Wayne’s Collection
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — John Wayne Enterprises is offering the first-ever opportunity for John Wayne fans to view and purchase Wayne’s personal and professional items that span an iconic career of film history-making moments.
Heritage Auctions, the world’s third largest auction house, is conducting the single-owner auction of John Wayne’s personal archives.
Ethan Wayne, the son of John Wayne, stopped by KCAL9 Monday to talk about the amazing auction. The event is at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza from October 3-6.
Items to be displayed:
• The Golden Globe for True Grit
• A Hat from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
• True Grit “Fill your hand” shirt and stockade jacket combo. Likely the TG Eye Patch, too
• True Grit Script
• The Sands of Iwo Jima costume
• The Searchers script
• Annotated script from The Green Berets
• Correspondence sampling (James Stewart, Gregory Peck, Kate Hepburn, Ronald Reagan)