Motorcyclist Killed In Fiery Crash On 110 Freeway

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A 33-year-old motorcyclist was killed in a fiery crash with a pickup truck on the Harbor (110) Freeway near downtown Los Angeles.

The early morning accident occurred about 3:45 a.m. Saturday on the northbound 110 approaching the Santa Monica (10) Freeway, California Highway Patrol Officer Anthony Martin said.

The deceased motorcyclist was identified as Eugenio Lopez of Compton.

And eyewitness to the crash told authorities Lopez ended up under the truck.

According to Martin, both the motorcycle and the truck burst into flames upon impact. Three occupants in the truck were transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.

CHP officers at the crash said a dropped mattress may have been a factor in the crash.

The pickup driver apparently first crashed into the center divider, and Lopez crashed into the truck, Martin said.

Lopez, who had been riding a 2007 Yamaha, was pronounced dead at the scene.

An investigation into the crash closed the road for four hours.

Comments

1. Phiilip says:

About once a month I want to buy a motorcycle, then I read an article like this.

2. greeneyes says:

My condolences go out to the family of the cyclist. Thank God my son sold his!

3. Landon Mendoza says:

His name was Eugenio Lopez. Loving father, husband, and coworker. I had the pleasure of serving the Southbay community in the trenches of water main breaks with eugenio at Golden State Water Co. He was on his way to his second job at 3:45am to support his family and the new home they had just purchased. If any contributions can be made to his family in there time of need please contact me at landonmendoza@yahoo.com. Even loving words of compassion are welcome. I will miss him come Monday morning when my assignment comes in and I won’t have his help to complete the task. Have a lovely and Safe passing. Love Landon

4. J says:

Burned alive muwhahahaha

1. Karen Avalos says:

Get a life!! Psycho

2. Aki's Mom says:

May God forgive you for the sheer hatred in your heart for making such an inhumane comment.

5. Tony says:

That’s why they’re called Donorcycles. Gotta be stupid to ride on the highway.

1. Karen Avalos says:

Tony how is that stupid?? Pls let me know because my cousin wasn’t doing anything bad just driving to work?

1. Landon Mendoza says:

hey karen i reported the messed up comments and they were removed so you dont have to keep your reply to there comments up

2. Karen Avalos says:

Thanks bit now I don’t know how to remove the

6. spanish teacher says:

shouldn’t have so many babies then you wouldn’t need 2 job. and ask jerry brown .or obama for a contrbution i have all these other illegals to support. and also these illegals going around picking up the mattress and other junk to secure this junk to their truck this might not had happen, i’ve gotten flat tires because of these guys hauling junk around.

1. Karen Avalos says:

What does having kids gotta do with any?? U guys r morons u guys should be on his place u guys must have worthless lifes to be saying any thingbstupid like that.

2. Aki's Mom says:

You obviously have so many internal, psychological issues thatall you know is how to whine and blame. Who made you entitled to exist over anyone else?

7. SokNoo Ramos says:

Wow thats really messed up man, I hate to see a fellow rider go down like that.

privacy-web.edu.tc

8. Luis Briseno says:

R.I.P Eugenio Lopez
    You Will Be Missed !?!?😦

9. stephanie tenorio says:

RIP …. Please keep his wife and daugthers in your prayers..

10. liz campos says:

R.I.P cuz you will be missed. My condolences to my aunt and his wife and children.

11. Kenia says:

My condolences for his family. If there is any fund raising put together please post it up for we can contribute in any way possible.

Seriously are these negative comments real !???? you have to be a complete ignorant poor human being!!!! Obviously you have not had a rough bump in life. Lets pray to good for your black empty soul and for Jesus to heal you. Good forbid the day you have a bump in your life your words will not eat you alive/.

1. Jessica Quinn says:

12. Kris says:

To the family~ I am so sorry for your loss, this is just tragic.

To those who posted nasty remarks, you have no heart. You are making assumptions about someone you dont even know and completely dismissing the fact that a family is mourning. Have you never lost anyone in your life? If not, you are lucky. I am not one to call people out, but I can not believe how heartless those comments make you all sound. This is a terrible tragedy, it was not posted on the news so you could make assumptions about how this man lived. I see the posts from his family and it seems to me, he was a loving husband and father. He was doing what he needed to do to support his family and there is no shame in that. The only shame is on you for posting something so terrible.

13. stephanie tenorio says:

Thankyou kenia and kris… We are asking for any kind of donations

Please donate anything for elizabeth lopez .. her husband died and any donations are welcomed.. this is her bank of america account 0349573005 … Please this is our friend elizabeth razo… You can help her with the funeral cost .. thanks again

You can contact me at stepaniehc@gmail.com

14. julie lucas says:

LIZ FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE THERE FOR YOU IN GOOD & TIMES….
    THOSE PPL THAT REPLIED STUPID COMMENTS ARE SIMPLY WHAT THERE COMMENTS ARE STUPID, SENCELESS, AND IGNORANT…..

15. RAUL RUIZ says:

Nehemiah 8:9. for the joy of the Lord is your strength …

IT’S A HONOR HELPING THE LOPEZ FAMILY .

16. Jessica H-Quinn says:

17. Chelsea J. says:

it breaks my heart that there are so many HEARTLESS people that have to make such rude remarks.. i wonder how they would feel if people were talking about their family members in the same manner. My heart goes out to the family!! They need nothing but SUPPORT in this time of grief and loss. Please have some respect!!
    i also reported the comments as well

18. Nancy Torres says:

Elizabeth, It’s hard to lose a loved one… May he be resting in peace now. I don’t think we had to know him personally to know the GREAT husband and dad he was!!! I have no words and am in shock. May god bless you, your 3 girls and his family.

19. Jason Ng says:

I never knew him personally, but I am a fellow motorcycle rider and one of my good friends happens to work with him. I heard from my friend about it. Truly a tragedy. He and his family will be in our prayers. May you have strength through these difficult times.

20. Jessica H-Quinn says:

I set up a fundraiser with paypal, the money is sent directly to elizabeth lopez the wife of the deceased http://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activity/b62d3e9691574596885cf1a2517aea97 any little bit helps. she needs help paying for the funeral and service. i have donated $125.00 and a few other friends of mine has donated too. Please find it in your heart to donate to the family in this time of need.,

21. Don Ramon says:

don’t donate to those links people. U have no idea if they are legit. likely scams.