Defeat The Heat At LA County Cooling Centers
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The county health department has provided a list of cooling centers at local libraries and community facilities to help residents cope with rising temperatures Monday.
Residents are asked to call in advance if they plan to visit one of the 76 designated cooling centers in the county.
The Department of Public Health advises people to take precautions if they plan to be outdoors in the heat:
- Avoid the sun from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Reduce physical activity
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid alcohol
- Use sunscreen, at least SPF 15, if you plan to be in the sun
- Wear light-colored, lightweight clothing when outdoors
- Set air conditioners to 75 to 80 degrees
If you do not have air conditioning, take a cool shower twice a a day and visit public facilities that are air conditioned.
To view a complete list of cooling centers by city and hours of operation, click here.