Man Arrested In Monterey Park Rape

MONTEREY PARK (CBS) — Monterey Park Police Wednesday arrested a man accused of raping an employee and locking her inside a storage container.

Robert Y. Lee, 37, was arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping, attempted rape, and assault with a deadly weapon.

robert y lee Man Arrested In Monterey Park Rape

(credit: Monterey Park Police Deptartment)

A call came in to police at about 9:45 a.m. Wednesday from a female who needed help. Sources said that she was locked inside a storage chest and tied up, but managed to escape.

“There was a physical assault. We are investigating it both as a physical and sexual assault,” Monterey Park Police Lieutenant Carrie Mazelin said.

The victim was transported to a local hospital.

Investigators confirmed that the woman had worked for Lee and witnesses said he was affiliated with a Yogurt shop and that a relative of his runs the strip mall. Neighbors described him as smart, articulate and educated.

Police said they arrested Lee after an alert went out for his vehicle.

“Very impressive, yes. And when you told me that the Monterey Park Police arrested him, that was something to believe, because Monterey Park will do that. Any license plates, anything that is given to them they do investigate,” a woman at the scene said.

Lee was arrested without incident.

Comments

1. Charlie says:

If prostitution were legalized, there’ll be less crimes committed, Police can then devote more times to solving real crimes.

2. Yiah Boi says:

She wouldn’t be outside if she didn’t want it.

1. John O. says:

Yiah Boi (obviously a fake name) – That is quite possible the most ignorant statements I’ve ever heard in my entire life. You are obviously a per-adolescent punk kid, so I don’t want to give you too much credit for actually having a real opinion about this matter. What I will say, however, is that I hope you don’t someday experience this kind of tragedy either personally or indirectly through a loved one. One day, you’ll no doubt look back on the kinds of moronic statements you made as a child and shake your head at disbelief – as most of us are doing for you right now.

1. OG says:

AT JOHN I TOTALLY AGREE.. I KNW WE R SORRUNDED BY DIFFEERENT KIND OF PEOPLE MEAN NICE ECT…. BUT NO ON DESERVES THAT IT IS SAD….. I HOPE THEY RAPE THAT PUNK IN JAIL TO….

2. Yiah Boi says:

Wow, you are so intelligent, figuring out that was a fake name (as opposed to Jonh O.?- please)
        Why don’t you and your little buddy OG get off your high horses and take a chill pill. It was clearly a joke but neither of you posseses the wherewithall to pick up on that.
        Good luck in life, loser.

2. Susan says:

Nice job backpedaling, lol. “Oh, I was just joking… BLAH BLAH BLAH.” Yeah, whatever, jerk. Your immature reaction to being called out only makes you look worse. Just apologize and move on.

On a more important note: I hope this woman is okay.

3. girl says:

HOW COULD YOU SAY Such thing? do you know how hard it is to her family? and dsnt desrve such words!
      if u saw d bruises and how her mom suffrd..

3. OG says:

DAM I THINK WE NEED TO GET RID OF ALL THOSE JERKS. LEGAL OR ILLEGAL NO ONE DESERVES TOP BE RAPE….

1. OG no smart says:

seriously dude, stop talking. And take off your caps lock, moron.

4. B says:

I personally know Robert and he is a very kind and gentle soul. I do not think he is capable of such a horrible crime. Although it is hard to believe that anyone would fabricate such a crime, I simply can’t believe that Robert could do such a thing. I don’t think he’s been charged with the crime yet, has he?

1. OG says:

WELL AT B IF HE HASNT BEEN CHARGE AND IF HE IS GUILTY HE WILL PAY FOR WHAT HE DID…

1. B says:

Well, he’s been charged with the crime and being held on $1 million bail. I am truly saddened😦

5. OG says:

AT YIAH BOI WHY SHOULD I SAY MY NAME THESE IS NOT TO BE FIGHTING OR NOTHING. ALL IM SAYING IS IF HE IS GUILTY HE MUST PAY FO HIS ACTIONS… NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HURT SO PLS BACK OFF I BET UR JUST AS CRAZY LIKE HIM

1. Not too bright says:

what language are you trying to speak, son?