LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Communities throughout Los Angeles County will participate Tuesday night in the 28th annual “National Night Out” crime and drug prevention event.
Residents across the Southland will be joining forces with local police to celebrate 25 years of neighborhood unity by demonstrating their commitment to work together and keep control of their neighborhood during what has been coined “America’s Night Out Against Crime.”
Beginning as early as 4 p.m. in various communities, residents are urged to turn on their outside lights and spend the evening outside with neighbors and police officers, who will be out in extra patrols.
Among the planned events:
– 4 p.m. in West Hollywood, there will be block parties at Sherbourne Drive and Ashcroft Avenue; Lloyd Place near Elevado Street; Norton Avenue near Laurel Avenue; Hayvenhurst Drive near Santa Monica Boulevard; 1100 block of Kings Road; and Vista Street near Lexington Avenue.
– 4:00 p.m. in Los Angeles, Van Ness Recreation Center, 5700 block of South Second Avenue.
– 5:00 p.m. in Redlands, Redlands Community Center, 111 W. Lugonia
– 5:00 p.m. in Valinda, County Supervisor Gloria Molina will be among those on hand at Rimgrove Park, 700 block of North Rimgrove Drive.
– 5:00 p.m. in Pomona, Civic Center Plaza.
– 5:00 p.m. in Altadena, Farnsworth Park, 568 E. Mount Curve Ave.
– 5:30 p.m. in Baldwin Park, there will be a march from City Hall, 14403
– 5:30 p.m. in Burbank, Chandler Boulevard bike path near Keystone Street.
– 5:30 p.m. in Ontario, 3900 Block of South Merced River Road
– 6:00 p.m. in Pasadena, Victory Park, 2500 block of Paloma Street.
– 6:00 p.m. in Hawaiian Gardens, public safety center, 11940 Carson St.
– 6:00 p.m. in Van Nuys, Van Nuys Government Center/Erwin Street Mall
– 7:00 p.m. in Manhattan Beach, various neighborhoods.
National Night Out is sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch.
For more information, visit National Night Out.