Entertainment Round-Up: Evel Dick Tweets, Fight Over Farrah, Celebs Thank Betty Ford
LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Evel Dick Donato left the “Big Brother” house Thursday reportedly to attend to a “personal matter.” The show said his reasons for leaving would be addressed on the program airing next Wednesday.
In the meantime, Donato tweeted rather cryptically Saturday: “Some things in life are more important than a tv show. Those things give you perspective in your life. This is one of those things”
In other Entertainment News:
• Long Beach Polytechnic High School hosted a Walk of Fame ceremony to honor famous alumni Saturday. This year’s honorees included Billie Jean King, Grammy Award winner Thelma Houston and former NFL player Willie Brown.
• Actor Ryan O’Neal is being sued by the University of Texas over ownership of an Andy Warhol portrait of the late Farrah Fawcett. The school insists the actress wanted them to have the portrait. The painting is one of two that Warhol did of the former “Charlie’s Angels” star. A spokesman for O’Neal called the suit “completely ridiculous.”
• Popular Argentine folk singer Facundo Cabral was shot to death in Guatemala City Saturday morning. Officials said the motive for the attack was not clear. Several gunmen, with rifles, are being sought. Cabral first came to fame in the early 70s.
• Many celebrities took to the twitterverse to mourn, and thank, the late Betty Ford. Oscar-winner Marlee Matlin said “She & Betty Ford Center helped me beat my addiction & and was an angel to many.” Also, “One Day at a Time” star Mackenzie Phillips wrote, “RIP Betty Ford. A pioneer in treatment of addicts.”
• Actress Elizabeth Hurley (who describes herself on twitter as “Mum, Model, Actress, Bikini Designer, Organic Farmer”) tweets that she is reading her script for her guest star role on “Gossip Girl” episode 1, season 5. But she wasn’t terribly forthcoming about what’s in the script. “Can’t give anything away but it’s FAB! Can’t wait to shoot it.”