2 Men Identified In Deadly Santa Paula Plane Crash

GLENDALE (CBS) — A Glendale man was one of two people killed when a small plane lost power and crashed into power lines in Santa Paula, a Ventura County coroner’s spokesman said Monday.

Kristin Keppeloff, 40, of Glendale, and James McCaughley, 43, of Santa Paula, were killed in the crash at 8:25 p.m. Sunday.

The men were aboard a Cessna C180 that had just lifted from Santa Paula Airport when it apparently lost engine power and crashed into the Santa Clara River bed, about 10 miles west of Santa Clarita.

An FAA spokesman said the National Transportation Safety Board would investigate the incident. It was not clear who the pilot was. The cause of the crash has not been determined.

1. Ken says:

For the record Kristin Keppel is a woman not a man.

1. Kristin M Keppel says:

I am Kristin’s former sister in law. I have forwarded your messages to the family.

2. Jeannine Suibielski says:

Thanks for the advice James, but my real name and email have been out there for years. Why? Well, I’m not into anything illegal or running from the law and you can search for me to your hearts content. You won’t find much, but feel free. Those that want to hide behind fake screen names I personally would question what they’re really up to. But hey, that’s just me. Are you hiring by the way?

3. James says:

Jeannine, I just happen to believe that people shouldn’t post personal information on the internet; to wit, you grew up in Rhode Island and graduated from Scituate High School in 1988; your dad’s name is Michael, you have an uncle named Kenneth and two aunts, Frances and Donna; grandmother (late, passed away in 2001, RIP) was Jennie, grandfather was named Michael; you came out to the L.A. area in the early ’90’s and attended American Academy of Dramatic Arts, and later, Valley College; I could continue but I think I made my point: please use an alias when you post on these sites.

4. rich says:

i thought the same thing about the name KRISTIN but since the info came from the coroner im going to assume they know the diffrence between a man and a woman maybe someone named their son KRISTIN it is possible since there are cases all over where some one names their son something like Marion (JOHN WAYNES REAL NAME)

1. Ken says:

The coroner is wrong. We first heard of the crash from her (Kristins) parents before hearing about it in the news.

1. Rachael says:

Ken, do you have any funeral information? We are friends from high school and are just devastated at her death. Thank you for any information you might have.

2. Johnette says:

Hi Ken, I was a very good friend of Kristin’s for more than 20 years. I don’t know how to get in touch with her parents but would really like to find out any information on a memorial service. My friends and I all went to high school with Kristin and have kept in touch ever since she moved to Glendale. I would greatly appreciate any info you could give me regarding the funeral, etc. I hope to hear back from you soon and thanks in advance. I am just devastated!😦

3. Kristin M Keppel says:

Johnette and Rachael, how can the family get in touch with you? Kristin’s siblings remember you and want to get a phone number. A memorial service will be held in LA on Saturday. You can message me at : http://www.facebook.com/kristinmichellelindgren.

5. J Miller says:

Other news sources have id’d Kristin as a woman.

6. Jeannine Suibielski says:

Seems like pretty straightforward, ho hum, day to day, just like everybody else information to me. I haven’t been back to the high school since the day I graduated in 1988 and I”ve never been arrested so you won’t find me on a police blotter anywhere. Since I’ve also written freelance using my real name it kind of makes cashing those checks a little bit easier. I’ve also been on the web since before it was called the internet, yeah I am that old. Perhaps my magical internetz name should be Betty Boop of Pinky Lee? If you go to my Facebook page, perhaps I will “like you” and then you can see my wall. Just saying – are you planning on stalking me? If so, I should warn you, I am broke and unbelievably boring, you would be wasting your time.

1. James says:

No, Jeannine, I’m not a stalker, and of course, you can choose to use your true, full name wherever you please. I made my point that I don’t think people should use their real names on such sites, so I’ll let the issue rest. I appreciate the Facebook offer, but I’m not on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Friendster, or any of the other social-networking sites. I don’t use supermarket club cards, either. Just wait until health-insurance companies begin to cull such data to help them decide whom to cancel based on what a person writes in his or her blog or purchases at the supermarket. That day is coming, if it isn’t already here. Take care.

1. rick says:

well james i was with you on the not posting personal info on sites like this however your idea that insurance comp may fish info on what you post here or what you eat based on market club cards does not work under your theory one would have to pay for everything in cash because i know as fact from having worked for a CC comp that they can pull up exactly what you bought on any given transaction and really if they wanted to go that far why not fish the security cams in stores and see what you buy

7. sunita aka 'pocket' says:

Kristin Keppel was definitely female and a very good friend of mine. I am extremely saddened by the news of her and Seamus’s deaths. It is unreal and I will miss her dearly.