Thong Bathing Suit Controversy Pits Neighbor Against Neighbor In Koreatown

KOREATOWN (CBS) — One man’s controversial thong bathing suit is igniting a bikini battle, pitting neighbor against neighbor at a Koreatown apartment complex.

Sunbather “Scott” says he has been wearing a small maroon thong every weekend for the past several years while catching some sun on his complex’s shared balcony.

But his upstairs neighbor, Marcel Weathersby isn’t happy about his cheeky fellow resident, saying “Scott’s” thong-wearing habit is a case of indecent exposure.

“I don’t know what my daughter may have seen,” said Weathersby.

Police say wearing the thong in public is not illegal and there is nothing they can do.

“I am not going to not sunbathe because that’s what I been doing for three years,” said “Scott”.

Authorities say the two men need to come to put it behind them, and if not, one party should consider moving.

Comments

1. Frog says:

They should both put the matter behind them…Sorry for that!

2. Frog says:

Okay, how many more bad jokes can we make? Here are some more:

–It’s a shame they have to butt heads
    –How cheeky can you get?
    –There’s a full moon in Koreatown

1. Jeff says:

He was just hanging out.

1. c says:

You guys are HILARIOUS!!!

3. ILA says:

LOL.. did they really just report this as news??

4. Antonio Sanchez says:

You would think that the law would be able to stop the dirty old man from continuing his indecent acts now that It’s been made clear that a child is possibly being exposed to all this. I mean I totally understand the man’s right to his own business at his own home but come on he has to be aware that Marcel has a daughter that dosen’t need to see all that. I think that someone should step in since the man is making it clear that he’s not going to use discretion or better judgement when it comes to this matter. It sounds like there is really two children involved here.

1. Larry says:

Wow, some common sense here! Not sure if I would describe the offender as a dirty old man but nonetheless…

1. Ron says:

Larry, how about an inconsiderate @SS?

2. Genevieve says:

Antonio Sanchez, I don’t like looking at fat people in tight clothes it is more disgusting than someone’s crack in a thong.

Perhaps the neighbor needs to move to satisfy his own desire to protect his daughter from a natural piece of art.

This country was founded on RIGHTS and we the people don’t need society policing our own internal ethics.

3. Jack says:

next time you go to the beach and ogle the ladies in the same attire think equal opportunity you moron. Marcel should wonder if his daughter is looking over the balcony or not and should exercise parental leadership. No law being broken, get over it.

5. ArmyStud says:

GET REAL… Then we should have call the police on everytime I see a kid wearing BAGGY PANTS showing there undies too !!!!!!

1. Michael J. McDermott says:

You GET REAL ! ! ! Calling the police is what we should do when these ignorant pigs let their pants down to let their whole @ss of their underwear show. That’s the difference between an ignorant pig and a decent person, in case you didn’t know. I’m surprised the cops already don’t arrest them on the spot for doing this.

6. Joel Lanuza says:

Must be a slow news day

7. Mary says:

VERY slow news day. At least he’s not a fat arse

8. watchitgo says:

There are very few men I would like to see in a thong. One might laugh at some and nauseated at others! It truly is inappropriate if he knows there are children next door, but the dress code has gone to you know where in the last several years!

9. Ron says:

Did they say this was in Koreatown or WEST HOLLYWOOD? Come on Scott, move your @SS over to West Hollywood and let the families to enjoy the great outdoors. Besides you’ll get more of your type of ACTION over there.

1. Dorthea says:

How’s living in that closet, Ron? Or are you still blissfully ignorant of the fact that your bad gay jokes only serve to further highlight your intense curiosity about all thing WEHO…

1. Ron says:

Spoken like someone who IS LIVING the LIE, Dorthea. I have NO desire or intense curiosity about WEHO or YOURHO. And it IS obvious that you are NOT a ” parent of a happy, well adjusted, well educated child “, when you say “People are born naked. Get over it.” And when do you tell your child, it is time to put your clothes on? What does your child’s teacher say when he/she comes to school naked? Oh, you must draw the line somewhere, huh? Hypocrite !!!

10. Bob says:

This will be a real news story when the dad gets fed up with his neighbor and shoots him. Can’t wait. This is LA you know.

1. Michael J. McDermott says:

Yeah, I know. They’re just fed up with it here in L.A.

11. Mel Gibson says:

yep A guy or Girl should be able to wear what He wants and not get Shot for It. But we do live in L.A. Yes I would cover up or move.

12. DAX says:

But it’s ok for women?? if you don’t like it don’t look.

13. adam says:

How about trying a fig leaf.

14. Rev. Prude says:

Quick, take that child to church for a cleansing.

15. Dj Jazzy Jefferson Airplane says:

The real and obvious question that isn’t being asked here is WHY IS A MAN WEARING A THONG??!!!

1. JB says:

To get those cheeky cheeks tanned. lol

16. JB says:

I wonder if he would have a problem if a hot babe was sunbathing in a thong?

17. try reading a book says:

too bad so sad. It’s not illegal to have baggy pants or wear a thong in public anywhere in the US. baggy pants laws are an excuse for people who hate blacks to complain about something. You’ll deny it and you’re 100% wrong. if you knew anything about american laws and freedom you’d know that wearing underwear that doesnt expose genitals in a sexual manner is completely legal and there is NOTHING you can ever do about it in the long run. you’ll waste my taxpayer money trying to pass illegal laws and complain with your double standards and ignorance. if you have a problem with this guy and his thong you arent fit to be an american and you should be deported immediately.

1. Ron says:

Try reading a book:

And I suppose you are one of those idiots that would also say, that we should teach our elementary school age children all the 4 letter words, as early as possible.

In case you haven’t noticed, wearing baggy pants is NOT just reserved for blacks and you are only 1 supposed taxpayer, that is for men wearing thongs in public and guys wearing baggy drawers.

I too, pay taxes and I may NOT want MY tax money to go towards YOUR cause. So lets DEPORT you.

18. Rich in New Mexico. says:

Why in heII is a guy wearing a thong bathing suit? That stuff is great for the ladies but only the ladies, and not some 300 pounder whale whose pushing 60 years of age and walking with a cane, you know what I mean.
    Before the all the 60 year old and older folk want to kill me, first I’m 59 years old myself, then get a mental picture of what I described. You’ll thank me later. Again who wants to see some dam fool man dressed like that, if you want get attention go steal a car or better yet slap a cop! You ‘ll all the attention you can stand. Just flat crazy.
    Rich in New Mexico.

1. Jack says:

I am 64 and agree the visual is not pretty, however,, that is not the issue. It is not if his @ss is great to the eye, it is that it is HIS @ss and as long as he breaks no law, he can tan if he wants. Women in the same attire are not ridiculed, so, what is the harm? Check out Europe for body acceptance, or even closer to home your local nude beach…it all boils down to choice within the law.

19. derp says:

why don’t these two dolts get together and figure out a time when the parent keeps his kid in and the other guy can let his stuff out? thongs aren’t illegal, and if his kid doesn’t know anything about human anatomy yet, maybe he ought to start explaining it! it’s a good time for a lesson. let’s face it, you can see the same thing on tv any day of the week and if he hasn’t prepared his daughter for that…

20. bald headed hooooooooo says:

i caught my neighbor taking a dump in my dumpster
    u wanna swap neighbors?

21. Catherine Girod says:

the guy is hanging his ass out on the community balcony. nobody should have to see that, no matter how good he thinks he looks.

22. Tony says:

What the neighbor’s daughter might have seen?!? A butt, probably. Any wonder today’s kids are so ashamed of their bodies? So they guy’s butt is exposed. Get over it. Years ago I got complaints at my Hollywood apartment because I was in the courtyard, in shorts (no shirt). Some people really do need to shut up and get a life. This guy isn’t breaking any laws either, so the law is on his side. Therefore, if his neighbor keeps it up, he should file a complaint for harassment.

1. Ron says:

Tony, you must live in West Hollywood. But besides that, even though it isn’t illegal, it is NOT COMMON for men to have their BUTTS hanging out in public, here in California, even at the beach.

There is a big difference between shirt off and BUTTS OUT. Unless, YOU were wearing BUTTLESS shorts, which sounds as if, that was highly possible.

Don’t force your views on parents trying to raise their children, in a manner that they and society see fit.

1. Chris Blair says:

More Power to “Scott”.

His neighbor nor his neighbor’s daughter does not, I repeat, does not run “Scott’s” life nor his choices – period.

Enough of this “but it’s for the children” crud already.

2. Ron says:

Chris, that’s SWEET. You defending your man. That’s funny, they didn’t mention that there were 2 men(and I used that term loosely)living below Marcel and his daughter’s apartment.

And Chris, Scott and YOU have NO right, I repeat, NO right to tell Marcel how he should raise his daughter. Time for the 2 of you to move WEST, if you insist on BUTTING all good taste and consideration.

3. Dorthea says:

Well this parent of a happy, well adjusted, well educated child, agrees with Tony.
        People are born naked. Get over it.

23. mitzi says:

its his ass and if he wants to show it in a thong thats his business. His neighbor has no damn right to tell him not to!! The complaining neighbor should move if he doesn’t like the view.

1. rick says:

you are just plain stupid.

24. Jon says:

What is clear from this article is the following:
    1-a man is tanning in a thong.
    2-a neighbor doesn’t like it.
    3-he further says he “fears for what his daughter might have seen”.

Taste and privacy aside, someone is being asked by someone not to do something the complainer doesn’t like because his daughter, (and we don’t know how old she is) may have seen something which may or may not shock her.

1-Why is this news?
    2-I understand the complainers point, but as I sit here I see an article about risque clothing for teens and “LA’s hottest swimwear” and scores of pictures of half naked actresses.
    3-Living in a city means living with some things you don’t like.
    4-The comments implying that the barer of buns must be gay and should live in West Hollywood are sad.

1. Ron says:

Sad, BUTT True !!!

25. English First says:

A Korean must have written or edited the article. What’s wrong with formatting sentences in a written piece?

26. Dan says:

This just in: no one cares about you or your stupid kid. The whole world doesn’t bend to the whims of people who manage to squeeze out another worthless crotchling. If you don’t like what you see, its time for you to leave.

1. rick says:

dan, you should just shut up or maybe you are showing your ass to kids too.

27. warrk21 says:

Be a MAN and put on something, we don’t want to see your as….

28. Paul Castillo says:

Hell, I saw thong and sunbathjng and aexpected a story about a hot chick or something. And you people are angry?

29. uncle cracker says:

Maybe the father should check the Sex Offender website….and if his nieghbor is on there, then I would be concerned…other than that, oh well

30. Brian K Mcclung says:

Proof positive the only dirty words anymore are tact and discretion.

The thong wearer is a total jerk.

I wont be able to sunbathe my butt cheeks. Words can’t describe how sorry I wont feel for him

Brian K Mcclung
    San Pedro, Ca

31. Steve Fisher says:

Who has time to sunbathe all day? Both of them need to get a job!

32. Muck Fu says:

Let the creep sunbathe, its his property..and Btw why is the black guys wife looking at the other guys burnt butt cheeks anyway for?

1. Ron says:

@Muck Fu: The guy does NOT own the property, it is an apartment complex and it is the neighbor’s daughter, NOT his wife.

33. ThatLady says:

If the guy sunbathing is the same one in the video, he’s got a nice body & probably wants to have the whole thing toasty brown for the sex appeal to us women. I personally don’t care to see men in thongs or briefs, but that’s his business. He’s at his home and there’s way too much gov’t regulation on peoples day to day lives, whether they’re in their own car or home.

I guess the next law to come out will make sunbathing in a thong for a man a strikable felony and be named after the complainers daughter. The complainer needs to get a life! If you don’t want your daughter seeing a pair of butt checks, male or female, keep her inside or take her to the park to play, but stay away from the beach or any channel besides cartoon network as both have too much exposed skin for her eyes.

1. Ron says:

@ThatLady: This is NOT in his own HOME, it IS in an apartment complex, ON a SHARED BALCONY.

Maybe you’re not familiar with L.A., if he is in a THONG, then he is NOT doing it for the WOMEN.

34. rufus levin says:

“It’s Just an Old Fashioned Love Thong…One that’s Made for You to See..” la la la

35. Reallyijustreadthat says:

Petty argument for sure. Let the man sunbathe! What other rights are people going to try to take from us?