9 Arrested In Illegal Gun Trafficking Ring

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A yearlong Federal Undercover operation ended Wednesday morning with multiple arrests and the shutdown of a major illegal gun trafficking operation in Southern California.

“Operation Woodchuck” began last year after federal agents were tipped off to the gun selling ring and began an undercover investigation, according to officials with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

KNX 1070’s Pete Demetriou reports.

“We ended up buying over 50 guns in an undercover capacity . . . ranging from sawed off shotguns to high caliber weapons, such as SKS’s, M1’s and even bought a machine gun with a silencer from these individuals,” said John Torres, Special Agent in Charge of the ATF office in Los Angeles.

In all, 58 firearms were seized, the Associated Press reported.

Eight of the12 people named in a grand jury indictment for illegal firearms trafficking were arrested and are in federal custody. One of the suspects was arrested on state charges. Authorities are searching for three remaining defendants.

Comments

1. mister s says:

See now if we had better gun control laws, these people wouldn’t have heen able to sell those weapons……… right liberals?

2. John Andrews says:

Why hasn’t CBS done an in depth investigation into the ATF selling gins to the Mexican Cartels? Ordered by AG Holder who received his orders from Obama.

1. Against Gin Control says:

You’d think that the Mexican Cartels would have enough to drink with all the Tequila down there without needing to import gins from the USA.

1. The Big Logic says:

I’m against gin control as well, but I do prefer Tarantula tequilla citrus blend.

2. John Andrews says:

ok ok.. I am a poor typist. I h=get it. lol ** Correction~ selling guns to the Mexican Drug Cartels.. I am pro tequilla as well😛

3. TheWindrunner says:

Will the caucasian raise his hand?

4. Ruben says:

Where in the article does it say anything about ethnicity or country of origin. If you hate mexicans so much, you should just leave California, because we ain’t leaving

5. Over it! says:

You all forget that at one time California belonged to Mexico. If you have such an issue with Mexican people, maybe you should move. Let’s also not forget that many if the heinous crimes being reported lately have been committed by people that were born here. Example: Casey Anthony and Whitey Bulger. But I forget, since they were born here it’s ok. You all continue to live in your bubbles and bury your heads in the sand to all that if it helps you feel better about your race or ethnicity.

1. John Andrews says:

Wow., what a hateful racist..

2. fed up says:

Wow, you can name two people. Out of HOW MANY???? Loser.

6. John Andrews says:

A big problem for alot of people Ruben is that you still think of yourself as Mexican and not American.. When you come to a new country to get away from the 3rd world economy of a country like Mexico. You should either asimilate or leave.. Americans do not want to live like Mexicans..Otherwise we would be immigrating to Mexico. Personally, I like Americans of Mexican descent. I like Mexicans as well. Just doen’t tell me I have to do things like you did in Mexico while here in America.. It is disrespectful of Americans to do otherwise. Also, LARAZZA is going to end just like Che did..

1. Thomas says:

John Andrews, you honestly don’t sound like a full on racist like many of these other comments, which is obvious that they’re from one person with different email addy’s.

I don’t know how Mexican’s tell you to do things. I don’t have any Mexican’s, Asian’s, Armenians, Black’s, Indian’s, etc. telling me how to live my life. Maybe it’s just you. You should speak to a psychiatrist.

Not all “Mexicans” are Mexicans. Remember, this and about 10 other states were stolen from Mexico and the Whites couldn’t kill every single Mexican off of this land. We belong here just like the Native Northern Americans.

Also, Mexican’s consider themselves Mexicans because that’s what the white man calls us. Even if we are REAL AMERICANS. We originated in North America. The white man didn’t, yet they consider themselves American. It’s ironic.

1. fed up says:

Well put! I agree also.

7. Just a Thought says:

@ John Andrews: For the record it’s La Raza. And I do agree with you on your point. I am a proud American of Mexican decent. However, all the hate spewed at my people makes it hard to side with “Americans.” The worse offenders are the “Uncle Tomases” running around…

8. John Andrews says:

There are always going to be people who say things that are meant to hurt feelings.. Some folks are just mean. As an American you know that illegal immigration hurts every American it saps our resources, it holds wages down, it removes opportunity for new small business. It increases healthcare costs. It brings a host of problems. We as a country just cannot afford.. I don’t care if they are white, brown, tan, purple or blue. They need to go home.
    And I was originally only commenting on how the ATF on orders from The Obama Administration had sold guns to the Mexican Cartels and CBS News was not reporting on it… Even DEA agents have been killed with those guns… It is criminal how the press protects the Marxist in Chief.

9. Thomas says:

1. John Andrews says:

I think that is called an endaround insult.. You are not calling me a turd.. just sorta like a turd. I don’t care what your race is.. if you can even actually identify where your dna originated.. If you call yourself Latino you most likely have the following in you.. White (multiple European countries including Spain) , Black, Western Asian,Black, Eastern Asian, and numerous indigenous unknowns.. or identify when in time you want to start tracing it from.Who cares?. If you use a term like Uncle Tomases.. You are a racist. I pray for the day when people will stop being victims.. Using some kind of crutch to justify why they are not in charge of the world.. or why they can’t afford a beach house. It is 95% of the time the result of the level of commitment you have put into your own life to suceed. there is always the exception.. some people just have rotten luck. But luck is blind as well. Take personal responsibility for yourself. Be honest, have integrity, treat those as you would like to be treated.. Most of the stuff is in the bible.. You will find life will be better as you yourself get better. The harder I work, the luckier I get.. Then I get taxed because someone thinks it isn’t fair that I have more than someone that hasn’t earned it.. that is B.S. (Sorry for any misspellings, and don’t care about blog grammer or punctuation) I am a bad typist..🙂

10. Buck says:

@Thomas. Dude can I put you on a reservation also. So I can live how I want to. You wanna compare to Indians. Well look were they r. I ain’t saying it’s right but if the shoe fits.

11. K Ross says:

Hello Windrunner….there were plenty of caucasians in this ring.