Motorcyclist Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A motorcyclist was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver in Los Angeles Sunday, police reported.

Edwin Vargas of Los Angeles was hit around 11:40 p.m. near Western Avenue and 84th Street, Officer Karen Rayner of the Los Angeles Police Department said.

Rayner said the 30-year-old victim was traveling north on Western when he was struck by a motorist in a white Volkswagen Jetta traveling south on Western at 84th Street.

Vargas was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver fled the accident and police are searching for suspects.

Police urged anyone with information to contact South Traffic Division Detective Sandra Smith at (323) 290-6063 or 1-877-LAPD-24-7.

Comments

1. DAN says:

AND “NOBODY” SAW ANYTHING……..AMAZING !

2. Really says:

I’m feel sorry for the man that died. What horrible people not to stop. But, that’s South Central L.A. In the “hood”, no one talks to police. That’s only supposed to be a code among criminals not among law-abiding citizens. What a shame.

3. Scott Anderson says:

This is becoming an epidemic, this hit and run BS here in Los Angeles!!!

drivers with NO insurance I suspect.

4. bigfire01 says:

Sad, this is why I do not drive motorcycles, the car drivers are immensely irresponsible.

1. jc says:

Well that is pretty racist/judgemental. So now ALL AND EVERY motorcycle rider is irresponsible? Where you there to see what happened to make a judgment of a dead person that he was autamatically careless because his means of transportation was a motorcycle? WOW, I serioulsy feel sad for you

2. DJ says:

This was one of my close friends, far from being irresponsible. He was a true rider, tough always watching out for careless motorists!!!! Think b4 u speak!!

3. Viviana Puga says:

Ummmm, what? you have that wrong, stupid lady. You have some fuc$@n nerves to make a comment like that. You are so racist and ignorant. And hopefully, God forbids for you or any of your family members to find yourself in a situation like this, and have to bite your tongue afterwards. Him or anyone else that have lost their lives in accidents like this, didn’t deserve to die. It was irresponsible for the driver not to stop. What the hell are you talking about? Get your story straight before you stupidly speak Pat. If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all. Maybe it was you who did it, thats why you are saying this???

5. Clemson says:

Let me get this straight, he died 2 hours from now??

1. erika1supergirl says:

No, they didn’t put the correct date. He died last night around that time.

6. Relative says:

He was survived by his wife, a 1 year old son, and a litle brother he cared for.
    Some one needs to come forward with information.

7. Mrs Bond says:

RiP Edwin!!!!! U will truly be missed ! Someone have to know something ! Please come forward! N help us catch this coward that took a good husband n father away sooooo soon!!!!!

8. erika1supergirl says:

I hope LAPD catches this criminals ASAP. They tookthe live of an amazing person and a wonderful BEST friend… RIP ED.

9. Antonio Renteria says:

Edwin my dear friend I will miss you. I pray that this killer is caught and justice is done.

10. manny69 says:

Rip my fearless brother … look us up from time to time … we hanged out 4to 5 days a week I will misss ur great friendship my brother.

11. patty says:

how does the police know it was a white jetta?… may he rest in peace.

12. LAdriver says:

I deal with motorcyclists everyday. They don’t seem that careful to me. If anything they get upset and violent if cars don’t get out of THEIR way.