College Football Standout Tossed Off Plane, Arrested For Wearing Saggy Pants

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS) — University of New Mexico football player Deshon Marman was boarding a U.S. Airways flight to Albuquerque Thursday when a flight attendant told him to pull up his saggy pants.

Apparently, his boxers were showing and the flight attendant felt he wasn’t conforming to the airline’s dress code.

Marman refused, ended up being kicked off the plane and arrested after he got into a skirmish with police.

CBS’s San Francisco affiliate KPIX picks up the story from there.

Comments

1. damian says:

Y cause I’m black????
    ?

1. you know says:

Todays thug mentality tells the youth it is normal to physically fight with law enforcement officers because he wanted to be special and not have to follow the rules? The old “Im Black, why you be harrassicating me?!” line is getting old. Try not commiting so many random acts of violence and we won’t have so many african americans in prison.

2. Marco says:

No because he violated the airlines dress code. Then got into a skirmish with police.

Young people need to realize they need to follow rules. Not create their own and expect everyone to confirm to their madness.

Kudos to the flight attendant. Take a stand !!!

1. Lookin' Like A Fool With Your Pants On The Ground says:

Right on, Marco! That’s the bottom line, isn’t it?🙂

3. THE MAN says:

SHUT UP MARCO I PAY 400 FOR A FREAKING TICKET PLUS BAG FEES LET ME DRESS THE WAY I WANT.

1. Lookin' Like A Fool With Your Pants On The Ground says:

@ The Man – If you think it’s so ridiculous to follow the airline’s codes, then don’t fly. Simple as that. Everywhere you go there are rules, and there are rules for good reason. Don’t like it? DRIVE A FREAKIN’ CAR!!!

2. Jeff says:

Dress the way you want, but none of us want to see your nasty boxers. So pull your pants up you loser.

4. Shiggity says:

Personally I don’t want to see anyone’s skid marks, but who the heck is she to tell somebody to pull up their pants. I don’t like sagging and i think it’s ridiculous, but she is out of place. Do what you’re suppose to do, serve drinks. That was profiling on her part and it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with his style. She profiled against him. I see fat overweight people everyday with plumbers crack and I mean CRACK. At least the sagging gentlemen had on some boxers. Americas are obsessed with power. Give a person a inch and they’ll try and take a whole dang football field.

1. Lookin' Like A Fool With Your Pants On The Ground says:

@ Shiggity – Let me help you with your comment. Consider it free editing.

“Personally, I don’t want to see anyone’s skidmarks, but who the heck is she to tell somebody to pull up their pants? I don’t like sagging and I think it’s ridiculous, but she is out of place. Do what you’re supposed to do: serve drinks. That was profiling on her part and it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with his style. She profiled against him. I see fat, overweight people everyday with plumber’s crack- and I mean CRACK. At least the sagging gentleman had on some boxers. Americans are obsessed with power. Give a person an inch and they’ll try to take a whole dang football field.”

Now….. Isn’t THAT better? I get headaches from people who write/type like you. It’s so sad all your years in school didn’t do a darn thing for you.

P.S. How do you know the flight attendant was white? The article didn’t clarify that part, so your rant about her racial profiling is ridiculous and premature. You know, not EVERYTHING has to do with the color of someone’s skin.

1. Idiot above says:

Semantics. LOL…grow up

2. Jeff says:

shut the f up. This isn’t an English learning course. People can write however they want, without having to read your revisions. Are you a 9th grade teacher? Congrats.

3. Lookin' Like A Fool With Your Pants On The Ground says:

@ everyone else – Hey, at least you read my revisions! That’s great! And, no, I’m not a teacher. Just somebody who took school seriously… and one who doesn’t look like a grammatical idiot.

5. Lookin' Like A Fool With Your Pants On The Ground says:

Way to go, flight attendant! SOMEONE needs to tell these fools that pants belong ABOVE your butt crack. No one wants to see your nasty chonies! Pull up your pants, fools, and start looking like a productive member of society! All this idiot had to do was pull up his pants for the duration of the flight. Big freakin’ deal! He could’ve pulled them back down to his ankles when he got off the plane. And then on top of everything, the idiot HAD to scuffle with authorities. How typical…

6. Marco says:

To all those in favor of what this athlete did……..Go bail him outa jail.

Lookin’ Like A Fool With Your Pants On The Ground……Good job with the semantic corrections. If more people corrected our youth like you and the flight attendant……maybe, just maybe…..well nevermind.