Police: Pedestrian Run Over And Killed In Sylmar

LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) — Police say a man was run over with a car and killed in Sylmar.

Officer Karen Rayner says two suspects in the car also were injured when their vehicle hit a pole in a quiet residential neighborhood on Tuesday evening.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Cecil Manresa says one of the suspects was trapped in the vehicle and taken to a hospital in critical condition.

Another person sustained minor injuries. Both suspects are in custody at the hospital.

Rayner says detectives are investigating the incident as a homicide.

Earlier reports indicated that the victim who died had also been stabbed, but that turned out to be erroneous.

(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. km says:

I’m two blocks away from the incident which is at yes a trailer park where many poor hispanics and white trash run amuck.

1. Yes says:

Well if your only two blocks away what doest that same about you…just sayin..

1. Lizm says:

hahaha!!!

2. Fuct... says:

Most likely Dahmer, Casey, MCDowell, Miller or Manson…

3. Marty says:

I guess that’s 3 less welfare checks going out this month.

4. Shlomi says:

This is scary, Edie I also had Graceland on cassette, but never bohugt the CD. Last night, while working on this blog, I actually went to iTunes and downloaded the whole album. It immediately brought a smile to my face, and I can still picture Paul Simon singing You Can Call Me Al on SNL when the album premiered. Clapton Unplugged is another excellent one. I think I have that CD around here somewhere. I need to put it on my computer playlist.