LOS ANGELES (CBS) — An overhead line burst at a business south of Little Tokyo Thursday, dousing an employee in the face with an acidic fluid, a Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman said.
The spill occurred at around 4 p.m. at 1205 Wholesale Street, near Alameda Street, LAFD spokesperson Cecil Manresa said.
“An overhead line carrying acidic fluid burst and sprayed acid on an employee,” Manresa said. “They estimated about two to five gallons of acid was spilled.”
Manresa said the employee suffered injuries to the face and eyes and was taken to a hospital, but their condition was not yet released.
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)