Man Critically Injured While Skateboarding Behind Car

SANTA CLARITA (AP) — Authorities say a skateboarder was critically injured when he fell while being towed by a car in a stunt known as “hot boarding.”

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says 35-year-old Edward Culhane was holding on to the back of a car in Santa Clarita on Saturday when he fell and received a head injury.

The alleged driver, 33-year-old Ryan Howell, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. He was released on Sunday.

1. Regg says:

Aren’t we too old for this??

1. TT says:

35 years old ? Gotta value your life more than that my friend…. should have outgrown this by now ….

2. Old Nes Game says:

2. Dan Thomas says:

Two aphorisms:
    Misjudgement is appropo to all human beings regardless of age; and to quote Forest Gump – stupid is as stupid does.

3. Jackie says:

Agreed Regg, I was expecting to hear the injured fellow might be 17 at most. But 35 really?!? Hard to feel sympathy when one is injured by their own stupidity.

4. David says:

What a stupid idiot!!!!

5. Mike says:

Sometimes people have to learn things the hard way.

6. Judy says:

It amazes me cold people can be. We are never too old to play! What happened to compassion and understanding? Oh, not in fashion any more? I hope the skateboarder is not seriously injured and is over this very soon.

7. krista says:

how bout we dont talk sh*it Eddie was the best, not the smartest move in the world as we know but let us be respectful and send out thoughts to all his wonderful family and friends

8. Carrie says:

Eddie will be sorely missed by all who knew him! Including the entire MPHS class of 94.

9. Moose says:

The Eddie I knew was a loving father and husband. It’s sad to read such negative comments out of such ignorant people. I would never write what I just read about anyone I didn’t know. Regardless of his age atleast he was a motivated , driven person that tried new things in life. Everyone that knew him will truly miss his positive attitude and smile

10. Keets says:

To all those with your disturbing negative comments…He has passed, and there is a family and little girl without her daddy. Have some respect. I am sure there has been not so bright choices you have made. Simply for the sake of having fun. It was a tragic accident. Prayers to the families and friends involved.

11. Brendan says:

Wow!! Some people just can’t show any respect! Eddie was a bright, fun, smiling young man! I’ll never forget his smile! It saddens me that he is gone, but he will never be forgotten!! RIP brother!