Couric Signs Off Of The CBS Evening News

NEW YORK (AP) — Katie Couric has signed off as “CBS Evening News” anchor after nearly five years.

Couric ended her last evening newscast on Thursday by telling viewers: “Thank you so much for coming along with me on this incredible journey.”

CBS had high hopes when it lured Couric from NBC’s “Today” show in 2006 to become the first woman to be sole anchor of a network evening newscast. After an initial burst of curiosity, viewers went elsewhere. Although the newscast won awards, it could never climb out of third place in the ratings.

Couric leaves without announcing her plans. She’s negotiating with ABC about hosting a daytime talk show and doing work for its news division.

Comments

1. LAN8 says:

Yes, please send boring Betty to daytime- while I’m at work!

1. Saber 1 says:

I would toss her salad and munch her carpet. Then I would give it to her hard and fast.

2. Nora says:

Yeah! Good bye and good riddance.

3. Jake says:

She was absolutely AWFUL. What a horrible anchor. She does well with the good mornings and the coffees, but when it comes to serious, GROWNUP reporting, Katty Kouric is the absolute PITS! She’s all BIG SMILES as she talks, but inside you know shes saying, YOU ALL SUCK!

Good bye Katty – YOU WONT BE MISSED!

4. Hyla Molander says:

Wow, seriously hurtful comments aimed at woman who has been through so much and given back double. Really, why so mean, people?

Katie, you will be incredible on ABC! As a once-pregnant-widow-now-happy-wife and also author, speaker, mommy of four, and founder of Widowed Web on Facebook, I can tell you that there are millions of widowed people throughout the world cheering you on. This is your path to feeling even more light.

5. Nora says:

Just because she’s a widow doesn’t mean she’s a good reporter or tv personality. Talk about biased! She was horrible, nasty, mean, cold, and I will stop myself now from being even more colorful with my language in describing her. I’m so glad she’s gone – but ABC will not have me now. Don’t these stations ever learn what works and what doesn’t? They just don’t seem to care about the viewers.