Federal Grand Jury Indicts Santa Monica Synagogue Blast Suspect

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A homeless man has been indicted on charges of planting an explosive that detonated outside a synagogue in Santa Monica last month.

A federal grand jury on Tuesday brought four counts against 60-year-old Ron Hirsch, including use of an explosive to damage property. He could face up to 70 years in prison if found guilty of all charges.

Hirsch is accused of planting explosives inside a 250-pound piece of concrete and steel pipe that blasted into the air on April 7, striking the side of Chabad House and damaging a nearby house.

Authorities say Hirsh fled by bus and was taken into custody in Cleveland four days later.

Hirsh is scheduled to be arraigned May 23. His attorney Robert Little said he hadn’t read the indictment and couldn’t comment.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • TheWindrunner

    Jews? Indeed!!

  • rick

    one question where does a homeless person get the stuff to make a bomb??

  • onclewillie

    Better story is unknown person sets off bomb and Hirsch, searching trash cans in the alley, took off in fear. Sounds like a rush to judgement. As someone else said, where did a homeless guy get the money and knowhow?

  • drozone69

    Not a homeless guy,but an ex mossad agent who is having second thoughts as to helping zionist world leaders.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Sandwich Generation

Listen Live