CULVER CITY (CBS) — Say “So Long!” to long lines at the DMV. The department is introducing self-service terminals at several locations across the Southland.
The new self-service, touch-screen kiosks will are designed to get vehicle registration stickers and cards into customers’ hands in a few minutes or less. The terminals are available as of Tuesday in 25 field offices throughout the greater Los Angeles/Orange County area.
“These machines bring that same connectivity to customers who do not have access to the Internet, need registration immediately, or need to use cash,” said DMV Director George Valverde. “Our customers will leave holding their new registration and sticker without an appointment and without waiting in line.”
Customers will be able pay with cash, credit or debit card and electronic check. Directions will be available in both English and Spanish.
Self-service terminals with no wait times have been deployed at the following offices:
- Costa Mesa: 650 W. 19th St.
- Santa Ana: 1330 E. First St.
- Westminster: 13700 Hoover St.
Los Angeles County
- Arleta: 14400 Van Nuys Blvd.
- Bell Gardens: 6802 S. Garfield
- Compton: 2111 S. Santa Fe Ave.
- Culver City: 11400 W. Washington Blvd.
- Glendale: 1335 W. Glenoaks Blvd
- Inglewood: 621 N. La Brea Ave.
- Lancaster: 1110 W. Ave.
- Los Angeles: 3615 S. Hope St.
- Montebello: 424 N. Wilcox Ave.
- Newhall: 24427 Newhall Ave.
- Torrance: 1785 W. 220th St.
- W. Hollywood: 936 N. Formosa Ave.
- Winnetka: 20725 Sherman Way
For more on the new kiosks, visit the DMV online.