Police Release Details In Arrest Of Rialto Taco Bell Murder Suspect

RIALTO (CBS) — Police released new details Wednesday in the arrest of a suspect in connection with the murder of a 19-year-old man who was gunned down at a Taco Bell.

Authorities arrested Dalray Kawane Andrews Tuesday.

According to police, Joshua Huizar, 20, and his girlfriend were at the drive-through in a Rialto Taco Bell during the early morning of April 10 when Andrews demanded that he hand over his wallet.

Huizar gave Andrews his wallet and sped away. Andrews then fired at the vehicle and struck Huizar, who died in his girlfriend’s arms.

Andrews is a known gang member who was on felony probabtion at the time of the murder, police said. Forensic evidence left on the victim’s car led police to Andrews who was later arrested at the Probabtion Department in San Bernardino.

Andrews was booked on first-degree murder and robbery. Officials say he is eligible for the death penalty.

Rialto police say more arrests are possible.

Huizar was buried Wednesday afternoon.

Comments

1. WH Jones says:

I knew it! Before they even posted the picture, I knew the killer was a human.

1. DMAN says:

LMAO! Good stuff!

2. Saber 1 says:

I just knew it. I won the bet. I bet it was a mudflap that committed the crime. Meat grinder and used as chum for ocean fishing.

2. Justice says:

Get a rope !!!

1. Geez says:

Had to make a rope reference, huh? I wish they would drop these criminals in the middle of the Pacific, but I don’t need to make a racial gesture about it.

What an ignorant person you are.

3. suzie says:

Drozone69

So that is excusable to take another humans life, get help it sounds like your high on drugs.

4. Immigrant from Europe with a job says:

yea, yea…its the immigrants fault for taking jobs from blacks..
    Go to countries where majority is black…they still machete one another and they would all be working if it wasn’t for donkeys and goats that taking all the jobs….

1. Geez says:

You sound stupid. And, I’m black.

1. kriste says:

yeah, he does sound stupid. and i’m white.

5. Geez says:

First, I am for throwing this book at the lowlife, and I’m black. Personally, I wish there was the death penalty in California; however, your reference to “all black folks and carjacking” shows your ignorance. I own my own business. How about you? Who do you wait on to write your checks? I don’t because I write my own…lol

The point being is the good people are good people. Trash is trash no matter the color.

6. Sharon says:

Efrain is a racist….. You are the worse of all people in this world. You should be vanished……

7. T Bolin says:

FACT: Gangs are allowed to thrive. They wear colors (uniforms) and they are violent habitual criminals, period. If it were N. Koreans or Russians running around killing, it would be open season on them.

WHY IS IT ANY DIFFERENT WITH GANGS????

Why? BECAUSE OUR (LOL) LEADERS ARE OWNED BY THEM. BOUGHT AND SOLD.

FACT: Black males 18-40 years of age though less than 6% of the U.S. population are responsible for more than 60% of the violent crime in this Nation. Combining this already proven fact with gang membership has created a violent underworld the likes of which this Nation has never seen before. Unlike other ethnic gangs, these individulas have ZERO values or lines which they will not cross. Their deeds can be seen in any paper and on any newscast.

Why? BECAUSE IT IS TOLERATED AND ACCEPTED AS AN EXPRESSION OF THEIR POOR PATHETIC LIVES. IF THAT’S TRUE, THAN WHY DO WE FIND THAT SAME EXPRESSION THE WORLD OVER?

We, you and I will continue to sacrifice our loved ones at the alter of fear, ignorance and cowardice. Because we refuse to see and speak the truth doesn’t change it.

THIS YOUNG MAN IS JUST ANOTHER IN A LONG, LONG LINE OF VICTIMS. VICTIMS THAT WE AS A SOCIETY ALLOW TO BE HARVESTED AS A THE FRUIT OF OUR MADNESS, DISGRACEFUL.

8. Geez says:

First, I am for throwing the book at the lowlife, and I’m black. Personally, I wish there was the death penalty in California; however, your reference to “all black folks and carjacking” shows your ignorance. I own my own business. How about you? Who do you wait on to write your checks? I don’t have to because I write my own…lol

1. Martin B says:

I’m not African American but I wish I was. All ethnic gangs need to be treated like terrorists and killed. By the way Geez, there is a death penalty in CA and we don’t use it. Remember the night stalker Richard Ramirez? He has been on death row for 25 years now. California is the lamest state when it comes to laws and punishments.

9. Tony says:

Its a shame we have kids killing kids? whats this world coming to when you cant go get fast food without the risk of being killed. My heart goes out to both families…

10. Mrviking says:

What a cowardly punk at best…where do these thugs come from and why are they bread from the start? Who are the parents and what were they thinking when raising this monster?

11. ArmyStud says:

This Makes Me sick to be “BLACK”, I just hope he gets the same fate as the guy he killed.. No Courts etc… Just give him the same treatment as for killing another person…

1. kriste says:

you’re not black, you’re human in a darker shade. don’t you put yourself in same category as this guy because he happens to be closer to your shade then mine brother. you and i are different shades but i’m guessing you’re closer to me then you are him….

12. DMAN says:

What a loser! Seriously, my parents couldn’t give me the world; hell I was first in my family to graduate college. But, never did I ever consider taking the life of someone else because I couldn’t get a new play station or xbox..I hope he enjoyed the 80 dollars he took from that kid. That way, he can recall each dollar, for each year Bubba makes him “fix it”..

13. Lewis says:

Nice to see some black people coming around when it comes to crime. But then there was O.J., and then it only mattered to the black that he was black. Not forgotten…

14. c-man says:

That’s great for the family that they caught the suspect. Wow…DNA on the car? Absolutely great police work. I just feel bad for families of victims where the suspect is never apprehended. And the DA is “deciding” whether to propose the death penalty? A gang member with a felony narcotics probation violation? Can anyone give a good reason why this suspect should be allowed to live?

15. Theword says:

I hope his new found friends in jail slice that loser, piece of s*^t up and flush him down the toilet from where he crawled out of. I sure hope he doesn’t get to run his thug life out of prison.
    We need to change the laws desperately. This piece of garbage should be shot dead because we don’t need to spend money on s*^T like this. We are money strapped and this thug doesn’t need our tax money to feed him and house him. He needs to be exterminated, period.

16. NANCY says:

I HOPE THE KILLER STAYS IN JAIL FOEVER AND I HOPE PEOPLE IN THERE WILL MAKE HIM SAFER REALLY BAD THERES NO FOR GIVING THIS KILLER NO WAY….

17. the guilt of your family history says:

these gang members or low lifes as you call them are the great, great grandchildren of the people that you, you,and great grandparents enslaved, tortured, segregated, didn’t your family tell you about how many slaves they had? or have you even ask? excuses no, facts yes , if an elephant can remember where hidden salt mines are, after generations then dont you think these “gang members, low lifes as you call them, parents past down some of the injustices that put upon them? ask your parents, ask your grandparents no dont ask research because they will probably lie to you like they have been doing all your life, ” unawae or just dont care”

18. stephanie says:

love you josh and miss you