Fontana Police Say Man Kicked, Killed Yorkie

FONTANA (AP) — A 38-year-old Fontana man is facing animal cruelty charges after allegedly kicking the family’s 2-pound Yorkie out the back door for urinating on the carpet.

Victor Lopez was booked Sunday and released on $25,000 bail after the incident that police say took place in front of his four children, ages 6 to 16.

Police say the dog, named Woody, died of apparent head trauma.

Investigators issued a statement saying the father kicked the dog about 15 feet onto a concrete slab as punishment for urinating on the carpet.

The Riverside Press-Enterprise says repeated calls to the Lopez home have gone unanswered.

Comments

1. Mikey says:

Stupid dumb ignorant moron. Kick him about 15 feet and see if he recovers. His kids will have this nice memory for the rest of their lives…

1. Saber 1 says:

I won the bet. I bet it was a bottom feeding ILLEGAL ALIEN. They can’t control their tempers or sex drive. Punt this guy up and down the street and show it on TV.

2. Luis says:

Death. I’ll do it myself…with my bare hands.

1. Efrain says:

I doubt it.

1. Luis says:

Don’t.

2. saidkhorram says:

Me too.

3. Ed Rooney says:

Wow, you’re a real tough guy huh?
      Idiot.

3. JR says:

His kids will remember that forever. So, so sad. Poor baby dog. Yorkies are notoriously hard to potty train – so is mine – but I cannot imagine hurting her because of it. RIP little baby.

4. Momof2 says:

We need vry large fines and long jail sentences for people like this.

I don’t know if you can read, Victor Lopez, but in case you do….you sure are a disgrace.

5. MG says:

I hope the Judge who hears his case owns a Yorkie – – maybe justice will prevail. Animal abusers are not human; it disgusts me and makes me sad to think of the pain he caused not only the helpless animal, but the fact that one day he will likely “go off” towards one of his own children. There is a deeper anger issue here than we know.

6. Sylvain Cecile says:

Give me 15 minutes alone with this piece of garbage….. I’ll take out the trash!!!!

7. William Funny says:

New Yorkie, New Yorkie

8. alan hart says:

Mandatory three years in jail and he should be forbidden to ever own a pet again.
    This man is diSPICable

1. Ramalamma says:

That would be ideal…if they weren’t letting out criminals after 30 days of a 3 yr sentence. Overcrowding in our jails makes a joke out of the justice system.

15 feet?! Holy cow….that’s just all kinds of sick.

9. yorkieluvr says:

so tired of losers who think it’s okay to abuse animals getting off with an hand slap. this pos deserves the max. why own animals idiots or have kids if you can’t “handle” the fact that they have accidents. there is a very special place in HELL for animal and child abusers…don’t forget it Mr. Lopez!!!