Fire Sparked By Electrical Wiring Put Out At Universal Studios

UNIVERSAL CITY (AP) — A fire apparently caused by electrical wiring at a Universal Studios’ sound stage has been extinguished.

Los Angeles County fire Inspector Matt Levesque says crews saw light smoke when they arrived at the scene Friday morning.

He says the building’s sprinkler kept the fire from spreading and crews were able to quickly finish putting it out.

Levesque estimated damage at around $3,000.

He says the fire hasn’t impacted operations at the studios’ nearby theme park attractions.

A huge fire devastated a back lot on the studios’ campus in 2008.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live