City Council OKs $50,000 Reward For Valley Hit-And-Run Driver

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The City Council on Wednesday approved a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a hit-and-run driver who killed a 92-year-old man in the San Fernando Valley in late February.

Jafar Amirshahidi was run down while crossing Reseda Boulevard in a marked crosswalk around 6 p.m. on Feb. 27.

“My mom was married to my father for 61 years,” said Cia Amir, Amirshahidi’s son.  “My dad is gone. Nothing can bring him back. But this incentive program will help our community for better safety for our children and our families.”

Witnesses described seeing a dark-colored, four-door sedan fleeing the scene, said LAPD Valley Traffic Division Officer Rhiannon Talley.

“This family is hurting, and I’ve run out of leads in the case,” Talley told the council, which unanimously approved the reward.

Anyone with information about the hit-and-run was urged to call (877) LAPD-24-7 or (800) 222-TIPS.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. c-gas says:

Guaranteed it was another bottom feeding Mexican that wss driving. Hispanics are that slimy crust that forms in the corner of your mouth when you are thirsty.

2. john says:

Your words are almost as bad as the act that took this mans life. Try not to become what your enemies are and know a human being is a human being, black, brown white or whatever,its not a race problem it’s a human problem.

1. Karen says:

Why? I think c-gas is right. All the hit and runs lately HAVE BEEN caused by Latinos.

1. Karen is a MORON says:

@ Karen
        You have stated in other posts that you are not racist and have many Latino friends, yet by this comment, you support the moron called “c-gas” comment that Mexicans are bottom feeders. I don’t think that he is right, and for you to make such a generalization shows a lack of intelligence and unfounded data.
        I propose you pull up ALL hit and runs in Southern CA and see if in fact they are ALL Latinos. I thought not.
        Evidently, you have little education and are ignorant!
        Hypocrite!

3. Mel Gibson says:

If you gave them Licences & insurance they probably wouldn’t run You Idiots.
    You invited us over here in the first place so we could be your slaves. now it’s come back to bite you and now your crying

4. Voice of Reason says:

White people are physically ugly, slimy, perverted and dumb. I’m so ashamed of them. They also smell like old wino urine and never wash their hair.

1. Mel says:

they (whites) are also, greedy, Vulgar, drug addicted & hopefully sterile one day

1. Karen says:

Whatever. You feel better now?

2. Michael J. McDermott says:

Oh yeah? Well….. well……. well…….

5. Rob says:

TO VOICE OF REASON and MEL,.

GO BACK TO MAY EE CO, we don’t want you here.

1. Voice of Reason says:

Hey Rob! May ee co doesn’t want me because I’m a stinking American Citizen conceived by fat, trash hoarding okies, therefore, I’m stuck here in this hypocritical and fake country who only pretends to be humane and caring.

6. Rob says:

VOICE OF REASON (that’s comical)……..fat trash hoarding okies??? Go read your post, something not right with you, and your description of “white people” which you say you are, and your description of your parents! Not all American citizens are desirable, you sound like you’re in that category!

ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE KILLING THIS STATE, AND THIS COUNTRY, notice I said ILLEGAL ALIENS, not all Mexicans.