$10K Reward Offered In Brutal Beating Of Giants Fan

LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) — A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of two men wanted in the severe beating of a San Francisco Giants fan outside Dodgers Stadium after Thursday’s season opener.

No new medical news was available Sunday about paramedic and father of two – Bryan Stow – who was hospitalized in medically induced coma. Doctors on Friday removed part of his skull to relieve pressure from swelling of the brain and were considering removing one of his frontal lobes, his family said.

“Any human being doing physical harm to another human being, just words can’t describe how awful that is,” Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said Saturday. “That said, it happens. It’s one of those awful things and I’m not making any excuses whatsoever… but I’m quite confident that all of our measures were in place, and it’s just one of those things that you could have 2,000 policemen there and it’s just not going to change that random act of violence,” McCourt added. “It’s a sad, sad thing.”

KNX 1070’s Ed Mertz reports that Los Angeles County Mike Antonovich posted the reward and is calling for limits on alcohol sales at the stadium and wants more security.

Police late Friday released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing.

suspect sketches1 $10K Reward Offered In Brutal Beating Of Giants Fan

(credit: Los Angeles Police Department)

Police said the two men began taunting three men in Giants gear with expletives as thousands of baseball fans left the stadium after Thursday night’s 2-1 Dodger victory, Detective T.J. Moore said.

The Giants fans tried to distance themselves from their assailants, and two made it away from them, but one was struck with fists on the back of the head and as he fell, his head hit the ground in Parking Lot 2 on the third base side of the ballpark, Moore said.

Both attackers then kicked the victim, who suffered a head injury, and ran, Moore said. The suspects fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman with a male child passenger in the vehicle, Moore said.

When the victim’s friends turned around to look for him, they saw him on the ground and made their way back to him.

The two suspects are described by police as between 18 and 25 years of age; both with shaved heads and thin mustaches. One man has a goatee and the other, tattoos on his neck. The two men took off from the stadium in a light-colored four-door sedan with a woman at the wheel and a baby boy in the backseat.

Anyone with more information about the suspects is urged to call the Northeast Station at (213) 485-2563.

Rebecca Mackowiak, Stow’s paramedic partner, has set up a bank account where donations can be made toward his medical expenses.

A bank account to rasie funds for Stow’s medical care, and for his family, has been set up at a Bay Area credit union. Donations can be sent through via a PayPal account to the email address stowdonations@gmail.com or to account No. 118881 at CommonWealth Central Credit Union in San Jose.

Also, viewers can go to a Facebook page to show support and donate:

(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Dave says:

Those idiot “Wetties” that committed this crime will probably turn themselves in, so they can collect the reward.

1. Eli says:

race has nothing to do with crime. It has all to do with a person’s morals and values that were or were not insternalized in people. It doesnt matter if most criminals are white black purple yellow. Mexican aliens come here with nothing, its the second generation their children that they have here that grow up in a poor neighborhood with their parents working 2 or 3 jobs to afford college for their children and since they arent always around their children wander aimlessly with their friends causing trouble. That generation the 2nd one are the ones getting pregnant real young and abusing the government – without the guidance of their parents because their parents are absent making ends meet. But this might as well happen to any ethnicity. i’ve seen gangs of every race.
      I’m hispanic and first generation born in the US. My mother lived in Colombia until she was 20 then moved to Paris,France and lived there for 11 years then moved here and married a Puerto Rican and had me. She always worked 2 jobs. But I was fortunate to have a Christian family who had me grow up in the church since I was a baby and instill wonderful morals and values that have kepts me in line and continue to do so. Its all on people’s upbringing and which oppprtunities their community offers.
      All in all I pray that the gentleman that passed away gets justice and that these hoodlums get put through bootcamp and used for something useful like defending our country instead of destroying it.

2. drozone69 says:

If the perpetraitors where white it would be $25.000

1. cranston says:

and the perpetrators would be charged with a hate crime

1. Ed Guthrie says:

and other white people would be condemning the criminals not defending them.

3. Zone1234 says:

drozone69 – $25?

If they were such bad azzez, why did they RUN from their own consequences? There is some responsibility there. Not.

1. skullfaceflamenco says:

Gangsters are gutless wimps. They shoot un-armed people from moving vehicles…

1. Bob Henning says:

I am saddened by this story. I packed up my Family and Left San Pedro because thanks to Americas un enforced immigration policy Pedro had tuirned into an unsafe trash strewn dump just like Mexico. It was no longer a nice or safe place to raise our small children. Once again thank you Mexico.I will question one thing that went seemingly un noticed is why did Mr. Stows friends act in such a cowardly fashion and leave him to fend for themselves.. Glad that I don`t have friends like that here in Tn.

2. Anger in Los Angeles says:

Yeah, I would have helped my friend, not run! And Bob I feel you bro. San Pedro turned into Mexico and it is unsafe…. I may move from Los Angeles because it has turned into Mexico!
        It seems everywhere I look that there is a Mexican Gang Banger…… I may move to TN…

3. Erica says:

Bob & Anger in LA (below) need to keep their racist opinions to themselves and do us all a favor and move to TN. This in no way will help the poor father of 2, that’s in the hospital in a coma. Stop your ignorance then maybe these vicious attackers will stop their ignorance.
        And remember San Pedro was Mexico before the Euros came in, murdered the indigenous people and stole their land.

4. John says:

We need to get all of these mexicans out of California. I had enought of these low life people who are destroying our neighborhoods. They only come here to have too many kids and take all the money they can from the government.

1. TIREDOFDUMBPEOPLE says:

JOHN- GET IT RIGHT !!! THAT HAS CHANGED.. NOW U HAVE THE WHITE POEPLE DEGRADEING OUR GOVERMENT/WELFARE SYSTEM BY HAVING NUMEROUS KIDS AND SELLING THEIR FOOD STAMPS.. NOT TO MENTION SELLING THEIR OWN KIDS FOR DRUGS AND MONEY. WHAT EXCUSE DO U HAVE FOR THEM??? NOT TO MENTION.. THE MOJAORITY OF CHILD MOLESTORS AND/OR RAPIST ARE WHITE !!!! WHAT THEN?? U HAVE UR OWN WHITE PEOPLE LECHING OF THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY ARE TO LAZY TO WORK… WHAT THEN??? THEY GET EDUCATION BUT INSTEAD THEY WANT TO HAVE KIDS AND LET THE SYSTEM RAISE THEM.. GET IT RIGHT SIR!

1. Mark says:

Your name is befitting of yourself. Where you get your information from is a mystery to me. Please use Google, it is your friend. A majority of child molesters and rapists are white…this is true. For the sole reason that whites make up an overwhelming majority of America’s population. Blacks make up only 13%, yet are responsible for over 40% of violent crime in America. Could you please explain this? Or are you just going to keep running your mouth off with baseless crime data?

2. RoilToil says:

CapsLock-Happy, it’s hard to take anything you say seriously when you have caps lock on all the time. I keep seeing your posts everywhere saying the same things over and over again, but where the heck do you get your information from? Can we please have some real factual data instead of your weak attempts at proving whatever it is you’re trying to prove. Also some proper grammar would be of help to understand you better.

2. Erica says:

John, keep your racist ignorance to yourself. Nobody wants to hear about your Nazi views. It’s because of racist people like you that terrible crimes like this happen. You are no better then the two attackers, as a matter of fact, you are probably just as violent and angry as they are. Seek therapy.

5. Tyrone Walker says:

Why not state their race? Isn’t that one of the basic fundamentals of human beings? I understand that CBS is trying to not ‘offend’ anyone right now, but is it really worth it?

6. Robert says:

Yeah, two Messicans wearing dodger gear committing violent crimes and then running like little chavalas to a GIRL (still trying to decide which of them is her baby daddy) so they can escape. You just described 90% of the Messican population in CA.

7. Pedro says:

only one thing worse than an illegal ailen is a GANGSTER. The are such idiots.

1. Erica says:

“Pedro”, I’m going to go ahead a guess, unless you are Native American, that your parents were illegal aliens too.

1. richie says:

Erica, stop making excuses for your homies is this because you are the driver of the get away car? Really this criminals are obviously Hispanics yet you defend them like you personally know them.

8. FRUSTRATED says:

FRANK MCCOURT — IT TOOK YOU 2 DAYS TO COME OUT WITH THE LAME EXCUSE. DODGER STADIUM DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH SECURITY. HOW IS THAT AFTER THE PARKING LOT IS EMPTY THEIR ARE 30 PACKS. 20 PACKS, 40’S ALL OVER. WHERE IS SECURITY WHEN THESE PEOPLE ARE IN THE PARKING LOT’S DRINKING???? AT ANGEL STADIUM MR. MORENO HAS IT UNDER CONTROL. GOOD LUCK TRYING TO TAKE A DRINK… CAUSE EVERY WERE U LOOK THERE ARE SECURITY OFFICERS AND OR POLICE. I WENT TO A ANGEL GAME FOR THE 1ST TIME AND LET ME TELL U.. I FELT SO SAFE.. IT FELT LIKE A FAMILY ENVIORMENT. AT DODGER STADIUM IT’S LIKE A PARTY!!! I AM HISPANIC AND I WENT TO OPENING DAY LAST YEAR WITH MY HUSBAND AND I TOLD HIM NEVER AGAIN… I DID NOT FEEL SAFE.. THERE ARE A BUNCH OF IGNORANT DRUNKS OUT THERE.. AND LET ME POINT OUT SOMETHING.. IT WASNT ONLY HISPANICS…. FRANK MCCOURT… U NEED TO PUT A STOP TO THE OVER SERVING OF BEER OR JUST STOP SELLING IT.. THEN MAYBE THESE IDIOTIS WHO CANNOT CONTROL THEIR ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION WILL NOT GO TO THE GAMES… WHATS MORE IMPORTANT MR. MCCOURT??? PROTECT THOSE FANS WITH FAMILIES AND THE ONES ENJOYING THE GAME.. OR KEEPING THE DRUNKS HAPPY?????? IT’S TIME YOU SELL THE TEAM AND LET SOMEONE COME IN AND CLEAN OUT THESE IDITIOS……

1. jaided says:

Their was 2 deaths at angel stadium last yr. one happened inside the stadium. a guy was killed inside angel stadium. How safe is that?

1. Erica says:

That’s horrible! These venues make millions & millions of dollars but they can’t keep their fans safe. Disgusting!

9. TIREDOFDUMBPEOPLE says:

WOW MARK. YOU CAN TRY AND PUT MY AKA DOWN ALL YOU WANT BUT. IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT I HIT A NERVE. SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?? ARE YOU DEFENDING THE “WHITE” PEOPLE ON HOW THEY HURT OUR GOVERNEMNT? MAYBE UR ONE ON THOSE THAT COMMIT FRAUD AGAINST OUR SYSTEM OR MAYBE WORKERS COMP ???? ……….WOW… IT’S SO TYPICAL OF THE ONES WITH THE BIG MOUTHS SUCH AS YOU MARKY MARK. DON’T SPEAK MR.MARK. P.S. I’LL USE MY FRIEND GOOGLE… WHY DON’T U TRY USING “” MEGAN’S LAW “” IT’S UR BROTHER😉

1. Sara says:

TIREDOFDUMBPEOPLE,
      Where did you learn to write? You make no sense at all. Please just stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.

10. skullfaceflamenco says:

I work 2 blocks from Dodger stadium, after every game, literally thousands of drunk gangsters come wandering down the hill looking for people to beat up. It’s been that way for years. Dodger security does nothing, LAPD does nothing. Welcome to Little Mexico, formerly known as L.A.

11. Matt says:

Allegedly, the police were given statements from several witnesses that the two cowards were yelling anti Giants AND anti white expletives at the victim in both English and Spanish. That known, why has CBS (and the rest of the media) decided to selectively leave out the ethnicity of these Latino riff-raff. In addition to attempted murder, charges of racism should also apply. Some of the most racist people I’ve met are Mexicans.

12. Everyday Guy says:

Latin gang members are easily recognized by the pink high heels and lipstick they all wear.

13. MexicanbutnotGhetto says:

LMAO at the sketches, yea good luck finding those two guys, they look like about 90 percent of the dodger fan base hahahahaah, Godamn Cholos lol

14. smh says:

i’m surprised nobody seen the tattoo with their names on the neck….don’t most thugs have that?

15. CA NATIVE says:

Why are all illegals – both gangster and so-called “law-abiding illegals” not immediately deported? As a nation, why do we have to continue to stand for this? If this example of gang violence sickens you, please vote Republican. True, the Republican party isn’t perfect by any means, but it’s the only party that will at least attempt to prevent these idiots from overtaking our once-great country. If we don’t fight back, the US will be the next Brazil – small educated white population, a small middle class of all races, and a mass of poor minorities, namely, illegals from Mexico.

1. OLD SCHOOL says:

Don’t deport them. They will be back in three days.Put them in prison. Voting Republican or Democrat won’t make a difference, They hire them (Meg Whitman). A lawyer buddy told me how we can get rid of them.GIVE THEM COMPLETE AND TOTAL HELL. They won’t be able to get south of the border fast enough.IF we let them out of prison, then deport them with a GPS implant just like we do pets.

1. anon says:

i dont want to pay fro them to be in prison here…

2. Al Sanchez says:

U GOT THAT RIGHT!!! I’M LATINO AND I CAN TELL YOU I FEEL SORRY FOR THE WHITE PEOPLE — I’M HALF WHITE. DAMN PEASANT MEXICANS!!!

AL SANCHEZ

3. Anthony Jones says:

If you honestly believe that the Republican Party is the best answer, you shouldn’t say it. There are some relative strengths to conservative positions, but the conflation of cultural/racial issues with Republican has hurt the party in California. Ask Meg Whitman. If you’re a neo-conservative, or a social/cultural conservative, find yourself some buzzwords and let the classic conservatives take the lead, I can assure you statements like you just made registers a thousand democrats to every republican. You may not believe it, but its true. Many people would agree with you, even join you, but some people either want to go to heaven or don’t want to be associated with hate, no matter how patriotic it is, no matter how right your justification. Focus on taxes, small government, strong military, and harsh prison sentences, Bust in your patriotism and family values and you got something. All you’re doing with the other stuff is guaranteeing my guy 4 more years. Thanks.

16. Baseball Fan says:

The Dodgers should be offering a reward for these thugs. It’s their property and they bear a responsibility to their fans. If this is what we can expect from a trip to Dodger Stadium, count me out. I will watch Dodger games on TV from the comfort of my own home. C’mon McCourt, show you have some , you know
    what, on this issue and take a leading role in solving this problem.

17. Edward says:

Give it a few days. These men will be brought to justice. Charge them with attempted murder, a hate crime, and child endangerment (lil boy in back seat). Throw (literally) the book at them. If they are illegals deport them immediately. If not, where is Charles Bronson when you need him!

18. bill burns says:

looks like the coloreds are getting ready to riot again

19. Pedro says:

Offer the family members who KNOW these thugs a free citizenship and watch how fast they are caught….

20. Gangster says:

None of you cowards will talk smack in front of a mexican gangster.

1. Orgon says:

I do! When they are alone they are quiet as church mice. In fact I think Im talking to one right now.

1. GANGSTER AKA CHOLO says:

Yea right ..u see one and u look down.jajaja

2. Orgon says:

I ride mta all day long and make one on one eye contact all the time with these bald headed bowl legged umpalumpa midgets. Gangster= coward, typical scenario many gangsters gang up on a single individual or shoot innocent children in drive by shootings, then hide behind grandma and children at Sunday Catholic services. Kinda like Taliban terrorists.

3. OLD SCHOOL says:

Orgon, You hit the nail on the head.

4. Orgon says:

Are you sure your a gangster? Im sure your seniors would not want you running your mouth online Tarnishing their name. I think you are a wannabe, just like the two perpetrators of this cowardly act.

2. Orgon says:

From this point on you are known as: “Little Knucklehead”.

Little knucklehead I think you should scurry away before you get yourself into more trouble, as the writing on the wall is apparent. First off you probably don’t even know what the word Cholo means and its true history. You are not a Cholo, but only a coward using the word to try and invoke fear. You are certainly trashing the word and the people and you should be embarrassed. I highly suspect that you are with the “Little Knucklehead” gang, but dont you have to follow code before you start running your mouth with publicity releases of your little emotional outburst? Or are you what they call a “lose cannon” just randomly droppinig names to invoke fear? I for sure would not want to be making executive decisions for anyone but myself. I would not show this to your family or friends if I were you Little Knucklehead. .

3. Al Sanchez says:

MAN, U ARE STUPID! THAT’S WHY I BELIEVE IN THE DEATH PENALTY!! SOME PEOPLE JUST ARE USELESS TO THIS WORLD AND ANYONE AROUND THEM. THEY CANNOT BE HELPED. THEY NEED TO MEET THEIR MAKER ASAP — LIKE U FOOL!

AL SANCHEZ

4. Michael W. says:

“Gangster”,
      There’s a big difference between “gangsters” and “thugs”. You’re a thug, a lowlife, a poor immigrant who has to assimilate with a group because you are powerless on your own. Gangsters are people like Al Capone, Bugsy SIegel, Vladimir Putin, people who have political influence and command the attention of the most powerful people in their nations. You’re far from a gangster, you’re a broke troll, if you died tomorrow nobody would notice.

1. eli says:

relax with the died part. these thugs are mentally ill and maybe love deprived. We do not need to encourage them to kill themselves. they deserve a chance too. I believe in heaven and hell and I see everyone as God’s soul.

5. Thankful I'm Not a Gangster says:

Just like none of you cowards will fight one on one or without a weapon. Losers like you are what give our Latin community such a bad name. Be a real man, work, provide for your family and stop all the hate. I’m Mexican & none of you ignorant idiots intimidate me.

21. NONChuntara says:

Looks like all the chuntara that goes to Doyer Stadium. Will be hard to pick out. Sorry for the guy a reason why I NEVER take my family to any such event.

22. Transplant says:

I was transferred to South California from the Midwest a few years ago and a Cubs fan. I use to go to Dogers stadium to watch the Cubs play. I now go to San Diego to watch the the Cubs play. Why ? Because of the some of the idiot Dodgers fan. To bad LA. San Diego gets my tax money. This is only one reason LA is broke and must beg.

1. Shawn says:

I hear ya brother! used to go there occasionally to see my beloved Cubs, but after my last event in 2010, where some idiot fans were screaming me down, cussing and giving me the finger (in front of my 2 year old no less), I had decided to take my business and family to San Diego to see the Cubs play…that park is really nice! See you there, but never at Dodgers again.

23. 310west says:

I hope they find these 2. Unfortunately, half of LA fits the sketch….

24. OLD SCHOOL says:

Lets not grt into a Debate about statistics, We know what they are. Family is not going to turn them in. Mark your info. is wrong. It’s obvious you turn. a blind eye to white violent crime These two guy’s will be caught. And they will pay. Border patrol should be on the lookout, Airports too.

1. The truth says:

OLD SCHOOL,
      Here you go…here’s the stats. Mark is correct.
      “The U.S. Justice Department provides a breakdown of homicides by the race of both the victim and offender. Looking at the data for 2005 (the latest year available), we find that whites committed 48.0% of all murders and blacks committed 51.2% of all murders.

However, whites outnumber blacks in the population. In fact, non-Hispanic whites are about 69% of the population and blacks are about 13%”-US Justice Dept.

1. Anger in Los Angeles says:

But Whites and especially Mexican do 90% of all Sexually Perverted crimes… Mothers and children don’t be scared of Blacks. Watch out for your White and Hispanic baseball coach who may want to molest a kid.

2. Melissa says:

OLDSCHOOL,
      What do you mean “lets not get into a debate about statistics”?? What the heck are you talking about? Why wouldn’t we? It’s all about statistics and using them to prevent more attacks. Is that what this nation has come to? A bunch of cowards who don’t want to offend someone so they ignore THE STATISTICS!!!!!???? Pathetic.

25. ILLEGALS says:

There’s never enuff security at Dodger stadium.

26. Mark says:

Some witnesses reported that these animals were shouting anti-white slogans as well. Where is the ACLU? Where is the national coverage? Where is the outrage? And CBS won’t even include the Hispanic part of the official police description! What the hell has happened to this once great country?

27. Joel Emert says:

The sketches would make a good poster for Gay Marriage in Prison,that is what will happen after they get there life sentences. Well that’s what most Gangsters do in prison.

28. Dj Jazzy Jefferson Airplane says:

It’s crazy to me how much animosity there is between the different races here. It’s like a tinder box waiting to catch fire. I myself am black, mexican, german, australian, british, native american, dutch and swedish. I hate everyone who isn’t one of the many races I am. So, if you’re canadian, i hate you EH!

29. Chuey says:

Orale, It’s me Chuey. Some of you may know me from the song “Orale Chavala”. I’m just hear to say troosha to the vatos, and seemon to the whiteboys. If we all get along, it’ll be firme eh. Like the vatos that sang that song, “Dont’ stop believing, hold on to that feeling yeh!” We should all take those words and orale them all over the world. Orale essay!!!!

30. zef says:

Psychotic cholos on the rampage once again, and Atonovich with his let’s control alcohol nonsense, cholos don’t need beer to be violent, they just need to be awake, how about attacking gang culture, oh but there’s not enough money, so the anti-gang units of both the LAPD and the LA county sheriff have been reduced, so in the end the best thing to do is to watch the game @ home.

31. Jimbo Jones says:

Mexican gangs have taken over L.A. you’re all doomed, you’ll all be gunned down by mexican fecal matter……….

32. Daisy says:

A reward of 10K? Really?? How about Frank McCourt at least matching that & make a good will gesture & a postive PR maneuver for the Dodgers? That said, why doesn’t some Dodger put up some $$… heaven knows they’re all well paid.
    A little charity can go a long way.

1. TT says:

I dont think this is on the players per say…. The owners,organizer,maybe even MLB…As a gesture of good faith…They should each match it – Or offer help with the medical for the poor man … He saved peoples lives for a living … Thats something they all need to consider in this ….

33. Mike says:

Well these suspects are not white. You will be hard pressed to see white dodger fans act in this manner.
    I am a die hard Dodger fan and will not take my family to a game anymore on a budget to sit in the pavillion or reserved seats. These seating areas seem to be over run my low life mexican quasi gang members. Low life mexicans have ruined the image of dodger stadium. back in the early days (70’s &60’s) Doger stadium was safe and most of the mexican fans were behaved. Now alot of them are like savages, swearing, acting belligerent while in the stands and parking lot. Those two brown apes had no business attacking another fan, regardless of what team he was rooting for. For instance, go to youtube and type in “fights at doger stadium.” everyone of the videos you will find has mexicans involved.

34. East Coast Italian says:

Prior to becoming mayor of New York City, Rudy Giuliani was on the Mafia Commission Trials in which he indicted organized crime figure on charges including extortion, labor racketeering, and murder. That’s a tough thing to do, especially if you’re n Italian-American. New York’s mob figures had Giuliani on their hit lists. The truth is though, we Italian Americans applauded his courage.
    Then we have the Mexican-American Mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaragosa who, purportedly was involved with a gang as a youth. Mayor V. has done nothing to effectively suppress Mexican gang activity in Los Angeles. Rather, he seems to relish in the fact that the riff raff of his culture has instilled fear in the hearts of non-Latinos, now even at Dodger Stadium. He may publicly talk tough about L.A.’s Latino gang activities, but secretly I think he delights in a Latino power base at any cost.

35. Shawn says:

Dodgers stadium is bad on so many levels. I used to go there occasionally to see my beloved Cubs, but after my last event in 2010, where some idiot fans were screaming me down, cussing and giving me the finger (in front of my 2 year old no less), I had decided to take my business and family to San Diego to see the Cubs play. Adios Dodgers Stadium. And this sad situation with an injured SF fan is just another reason why that ball park is not safe and hard to have fun at. Save your money go somewhere else.

36. P Martinez says:

Reading all of these comments is so disturbing, we are making ourselves sound no better than the two ignorant people that committed this crime. Bryan Stowe is the one person we should be concentrating on at this time and praying for his recovery. Hopefully somebody out there will come forward not just for the reward but for this innocent mans justice. Dodger Stadium needs to ban all obvious gang members from entering at the gates and no refunds for tickets purchased.