Kevin Roberts’ Game Day Grub
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
Celebrity chef and author of “Kissing in the Kitchen” Kevin Roberts visited the KCAL9 studios Friday to whip up some game day grub. Enjoy!
West Coast or Tavern Style Wings
The trick to my tasty and healthy wings is I boil them first. That knocks off a lot of the fat and makes them nice and tender. Then you can throw them on the grill and get ’em nice and crispy.
1 4-pound bag of frozen or fresh chicken wings (try to get a combo of both flats and drumettes – no tips)
1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce,
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1. Boil the wings in a large pot for 10 minutes – use your favorite beer or water. Drain water/beer and excess fat from wings when done.
2. Grill wings on barbecue until crispy.
3. Prepare sauce as below & toss to coat.
TAVERN STYLE SAUCE: Add 1/2 cup barbecue sauce to the 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce and mix well. Then mix the wings in the Tavern sauce and serve. Serves 4
Far East Wings
Wings prepped as above, sauce:
1 bottle Sweet Chili Sauce
1/4 cup Honey
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
Juice of ½ Lemon
Crunchy Onion Chicken Tenders
2 cups French Fried Onions
2 tbsp. flour
1 lb. chicken tenders
1 large egg, beaten
1. Crush French Friend Onions with flour in plastic bag.
2. Dip chicken tenders into egg; coat in onion crumbs
3. Bake for 15 min. at 400 degrees until chicken is cooked.
Makes 4 servings
Beer Brat Sandwhiches
You can just use the beer you drink, but the darker the beer, the more robust flavor your brats will have.
1 – 6 pack, beer
1 package, bratwurst, 4-6 brats
2 tablespoons, vegtable oil
1 medium, red pepper, roughly chopped
1 medium, onion, roughly chopped
1 package, French rolls
1 container, spicy brown mustard
1. In a medium pot, bring beer to a boil. Add brats and cook for 10 minutes.
2. In a sauté pan, add the oil, red pepper and onion and sauté until soft.
3. Toast the French roll, add the brat and mustard and top with the peppers
and onions. Serves 4-6.
For more on Kevin Roberts, visit his website.