Friday’s Mega Millions Jackpot Soars To $312M

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The Mega Millions jackpot for Friday night has swelled to $312 million, the sixth-largest jackpot in the lottery’s nearly 15-year history.

A ticket with all six numbers has not been sold since the Feb. 1 draw, 14 draws ago.

Tickets will be sold until 7:45 p.m. The draw will be held just before 8 p.m.

The odds of matching all five numbers and the Mega number are 1 in 175,711,536, according to the Mega Millions Web site.

The Mega Millions game is now played in 41 states and the District of Columbia.

Buying tickets at a store where winning tickets have been sold in the past will not increase a purchaser’s chance of winning a jackpot, according to USC mathematics professor Ken Alexander.

“The chance that a given place will sell a winning lottery ticket is just related to how many tickets they sell,” Alexander said.

1. Mary says:

I have over 40 tickets with my work lottery pool… I have had more and didn’t even win a ticket. Good luck to us… and everyone else.

2. Aaron Samson says:

No need to buy any more tickets folks. i’m pretty sure that I have the winner:)

3. hoe joe says:

for years now, I have not even won with three numbers. I’ve won with a single number, the MEGA, but thats it.
    The odds are really impossible., but you never know. Thats why people gamble., and thats all it is.
    I’d be happy with 5 numbers.

4. TT says:

we did a work pool too :):) Good Luck everyone🙂

5. Jeff says:

Cancel the lottery and put that money towards the budget

1. Robert says:

Yea so all the unemployed people like Jeff could collect some more.

6. Francis says:

You are over 18 and can spend money anyway you want Jeff. Let the rest of us spend it on the lotto if we want to.

7. Kim Johnson says:

Does ANYONE know what channel they play the numbers on? I know they do it around 8pm, but can’t find out what channel! Anyone know??

To Jeff, the money we spend on the lottery goes to education, fixing potholes, and many good things in the community. So if we cancelled the lottery we would actually be losing that money.

8. facebook likes says:

I am not sure the place you’re getting your information, however great topic. I must spend a while finding out more or working out more. Thanks for fantastic information I was searching for this information for my mission.

9. Main causes of high blood pressure says:

Generally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, quite great article.