‘Two And A Half Men’ Co-Star Holland Taylor Defends Sheen

LOS ANGELES (AP) — While CBS is keeping mum about Charlie Sheen, one of his co-stars has been speaking out and sharing kind words about the embattled actor.

“Two and a Half Men” star Holland Taylor defended the actor she has worked with since the show began in 2003.

“Charlie was cordial and polite with all of his cast mates and crew, sometimes even courtly — and always witty,” Taylor said Tuesday in an e-mail to The Associated Press. “We watched movies at his house occasionally — warm evenings with interesting, spirited conversation. This is the guy I know.

“In this very sad and complicated time, I really have no comment,” she continued, “beyond valuing my own history with Charlie, and my abiding affection for him.”

Sheen was fired from the hit CBS show Monday. Holland is the first person connected to the show to publicly share thoughts on Sheen since his dismissal.

Comments

1. Mike says:

I believe more show employees would speak out in favor of Charlie and against the producer(s) if they weren’t afraid of getting blacklisted which typifies the arrogance of those in control.

2. Ann B. says:

Nothing better than to have a loyal friend.

3. swhitS says:

I agree Mike. They hit below the belt all too often.

4. Curtis says:

All of the cast members will come out as friends of his. Charlie Sheen is a good actor and the show is #1. What the heck is CBS going to do now. Their money horse is no longer with their network.

5. Anthony F. says:

when is enough enough Charlie Sheens behavior over the years has been outrageous. Just because he has a number one show does not excuse his behavior. his anti-semetic and other remarks have been appauling. I just pray that he gets some help soon!!!

6. Phil says:

Ms. Taylor has had personal interaction with the man, which 99.9% of people who have commented on where Mr. Sheen is in his life have not., myself included. It could very well be that the private Mr. Sheen is very different from the public one, and he does deserve that benefit of the doubt. That said, everyone, including Mr. Sheen is responsible for their own actions, and hopefully he will be able to reconcile the positions he has taken publically with those of his private life.

7. sue says:

I love 2 and half men but i will not watch the show without Charlie.he was the star of the show..

1. Ron says:

I’m a very longtime fan of 2 & a half men and was a fan of Charlie’s, until recently. It has become very apparent to me, that the real stars of the show are the WRITERS. They have given each of the actors/actresses great scenes and lines, that are so funny. I think they could be successful with existing cast members and someone to replace Charlie. In his current state, I believe the show would bomb, if he comes back. And it appears that his cast members would probably have a hard time dealing with his HUGE EGO and incoherent rambling. Please DO NOT have him comeback, but DO continue with the show and give the WRITERS some of that BIG money you were paying him. I will watch that show.