Police: Twice-Deported OC Man Made 2,000+ Dirty 911 Calls

ANAHEIM (CBS) — Emergency dispatchers in Orange County will likely notice fewer 911 calls after the arrest of a man who now faces deportation for the third time.

KNX 1070’s Ed Mertz reports 34-year-old Israel Vasquez is accused of making over 2,000 obscene phone calls to emergency dispatchers.

County officials say Vasquez made non-emergency calls to dispatchers with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, the California Highway Patrol, the Garden Grove Police Department, and possibly more agencies.

Investigators say he used calling cards to make his obscene calls so his location could not be tracked.

An alert dispatcher who recognized his voice was able to pin Vasquez down to a location in Stanton.

Sheriff’s officials say Vasquez has been deported to Mexico twice and is now on an immigration hold.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

1. 123 says:

glad police caught him. 911 call is for real emergency only.

1. vince says:

“911 is a joke…”

especially if you live in l.a.

2. c-man says:

This is why the borders should be patrolled by he United States Marine Corps. Anyone attempting to illegally cross the border should be shot dead on sight and left for dead where ever they fall.

1. Wally Wharton says:

I agree!!

1. vince says:

right because prank calls are definatly worth death….come on…just deport the guy and put a micro chip in him to track him…maybe send a little shock into the chip if he tries to cross the border.

sheesh…i hope you guys dot all your “i” and cross all your “t”s cause that’s gonna be who america deems worthy of gunning down next…

“The imperfect person”

2. shinob670 says:

Yea Like the Indians should of did

3. 124 says:

Duh, thank you for the commentary Captain Obvious.

4. krg says:

so we’ve paid to deport him twice already and now we get to do it again. go us. Build a fence, electrify it and keep these people out already!

1. joshua says:

Whos going to build it?

5. unemployed says:

How about putting a bounty on illegal immigrants and/or their employers. This would lower unemployment two ways. First by paying the people that turn them in, and second by opening up the jobs of the illegal workers.

1. Manny says:

Unemployed because you lack an education
      and desire to work any job

2. vince says:

I dunno..from what I hear the cities and states are SUPER slow in paying anyone for any bounties or rewards promised…even when turning in criminals…from what I understand sometimes they don’t even pay you!

6. unemployed says:

You shouldn’t judge someone you know nothing about. I do have a college education and I use to be a block mason. I’m sure a job you probably could not do, due to the physical demands.

7. Emergency Dispatcher says:

Was the calls he made in English or Spanish?

1. Offended says:

The calls were all made in English…..with a heavy accent! Pus– sounded more like poosie….and he has a strange infatuation with shaved ones.

8. unemployed says:

How about: “Were the calls he made in English or Spanish?” Let’s try proper English. The excerpts I heard on the radio were in English, but it was an English speaking station.

9. ooooh says:

I agreed with you unemployed! I wonder how many Americans can work in a farm under hot sun for a minimum wage.

10. c-man says:

Hispanics…what a filthy, pathetic, and absolutely disgusting race.

11. topgun says:

There are filthy, pathetic and disgusting people in all race.

12. unemployed says:

I work all day under the hot sun on my ranch for free. There are illegal immigrants from all ethnics in this country. If you come here on a visa and don’t leave when it expires-you are here illegally. Has anyone ever tried grammar check? Topgun, how about “…races.”

13. unemployed says:

How about “…ethnicities…”. I’m the pot calling the kettle black. (No, it’s not a racial slur it is an adage.

14. ooooh says:

Oh yes unemployed, I mean the one that comes here legally. You work on your ranch for free because it’s your ranch, you didn’t do it to earn a living. By the way please excuse my grammar because English is not my first language and thank you for correcting me.