Jury Selection Begins Thursday In Semen Assault Case

SANTA ANA (CBS) —  Jury selection is expected to begin Thursday in the trial of a man accused of twice ejaculating into a female co-worker’s water bottle.

According to prosecutors, Michael Kevin Lallana, 31, allegedly tainted the water bottle in the woman’s office at Northwestern Mutual Mortgage Co. in Newport Beach on Jan. 14, 2010.

The woman drank the water when she returned to the office and became ill, according to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.

Lallana, a Fullerton resident, allegedly repeated the crime in April, after he and the woman had been transferred to the company’s office in Orange. Prosecutors said the woman again drank the water and became sick. This time, however, she had the water tested.

In June, the woman was contacted by the lab and told the water contained semen. She then called Orange police, who linked Lallana to the crime by DNA, according to prosecutors.

Lallana is charged with two misdemeanor counts each of releasing an offensive material in a public place and assault. He is also charged with the allegation of committing a crime for sexual gratification.

Attorneys will consider pretrial motions beginning at 9 a.m. Thursday, Deputy District Attorney Brock Zimmon said. Then they will begin picking a jury, he added.

If jury selection is completed Thursday then the attorneys will make their opening statements in the trial, Zimmon said. If not, then the opening statements will be made Tuesday, he added.

Attempts to reach Lallana’s attorneys Erica and Eduardo Madrid after business hours were unsuccessful.

Lallana faces up to three years in prison if convicted, according to prosecutors.

The alleged victim in the case, who goes by Jane Doe in court papers, appeared in a press conference last year with attorney Gloria Allred who called her client “a hero” for having the water tested.

Comments

1. Andy Woo says:

how do u get “ill” from sperm?

1. Den says:

Swallowing decomposed sperm will make anybody sick

1. Mike Litoris says:

And you know this, how?

2. Alan C Rhine says:

IF BLUE BIRDS HAVE BLUE BABIES AND BLACK BIRDS HAVE BLACK BABIES WHAT KIND OF BIRD DOESN’T HAVE ANY BABIES A SWALLOW

3. james says:

this is prosecution is hard to swallow

4. Laura says:

Unless the guy had an STD or STI nobody becomes ill from drinking semen. Semen is made up of citric acid, amino acids, fructose, zinc, enzymes and potassium…NOTHING HARMFUL. Point being, this women DID NOT become physically ill…mentally ill…maybe. I’m a Kaiser RN

1. Nutzo Nicky says:

Sounds like the secret recipe for Coca Cola.

5. Reese says:

Laura, you are an idiot if you think you can get ill from semen. Plenty of women have a severe allergic reaction to it. I find it hard to believe that you are a registered nurse and yet you know nothing about it. I worry about the quality of care your patients are receiving…

1. notlovinLA says:

Exactly, Reese. I’m petrified that as a Kaiser member I might encounter Laura in the exam room. It’s scary that she doesn’t know about that.

6. Michael says:

You’re crazy, Reese. I’ve had my semen willfully drunk on more occasions than I can count.

1. notlovinLA says:

The hidden truth about Michael’s comment: he’s never been with a woman or a man, he’s still a virgin (not saying that’s a bad thing), and he’s a single man still living at home with his parents.

1. Michael says:

im sorry you feel that whoever is not as prudish as you is incorrect in their way of thinking. you think you know it all but all of your assumptions are simply wrong. the only thing everyone knows for sure is that you are nothing but a hater. its sad that you have nothing better to do with your time than criticize everyone here for giving their own opinions which by the way isnt a crime.
        notlovinyouandwhereveryoucamefrom!

7. Dragon says:

Well it depends on how long the semen was sitting in the bottle because semen can cause bacteria to grow because when it dies it cause a lot of foul in the water. But how can she not notice the water looking cloudy hahaha I mean it can cloud up the water unless he put little droplet in it. If it was a huge load man you can see it in the water.

8. USC Trojan says:

Totally agree with Laura. Reese your the idiot because semen is made up of ingredients that women eat EVERYDAY. Your “severe allergic reaction” rambling is very stupid because there has been zero, I repeat zero women that have died due to swallowing semen and the few that have had any allergic reaction to it has been a simple food allergy like those people allergic to fish, nuts etc.

1. notlovinLA says:

Ingredients, LOL! How stupid. If someone is allergic to potassium and they ingest it in whatever form its being given, they can have a severe reaction to it. Thus, if semen contains potassium and this woman is allergic to it (we don’t know if she is or not) then she absolutely CAN get sick from ingesting it from the water bottle… a droplet or a load of it.

1. Kau Phaart says:

re: notlovinLA says “if someone is allergic to potassium” rofl, hmm- they would be DEAD already!!!

2. Johnny Utah says:

I have never been sick from swallowing a load. I think the liady is crazy. Sick joke, she must have made him mad. As for the Kaiser nurse….Kaiser kills and is a horrible place for doctors and nurses.

9. Maria says:

I know I’m not allergic to swallowing semen. Done it plenty of times with a lot of different guys and actually enjoy it + every guy LOVES IT when girls do that🙂

1. notlovinLA says:

Well, aren’t you a peach, Maria? I’m not so sure that’s something I’d put on my resume. Your parents must be so proud of their daughter.

1. Maria says:

@ NOTLOVINLA ONLY A GAY MAN WOULD RESPOND TO MY POST THE WAY YOU DID🙂 AND IF YOUR “NOTLOVINLA” LEAVE!!!

2. Debbie says:

I’m not gay and I think the sperm swollowing thing Maria is siiiiick too!!! I don’t think it is something I would be braggibg about either!! Thats private and who wants to know what you do in your private sex escapedes.

2. Big T says:

I love Maria…

3. Mike says:

fancy a date Maria?😀

10. sally says:

Uh hello, he put semen in her DRINKING water and all of you are more concerned with the fact that semen couldn’t possibly make her ill. Whether she was ill or not, it was a completely disgusting thing to have happen to her and I hope the guy gets a hefty fine.

1. notlovinLA says:

‘Nuff said, sally. Whether the semen actually made her sick or not is irrelevant. This low life put SEMEN in her drinking water! That’s invasive and disgusting! All rapists, peeping toms, killers, and molesters start somewhere. I hope we never know how far this creep will go in his criminal activity. She probably saved some women out there… at least for a few years.

11. Charles says:

Maria I LOVE YOU. If more women would sexually satisfy their men like you do the divorce rate would be slashed in half. Seriously.

1. notlovinLA says:

Uh, no, Charles, not seriously. You obviously have never been married. And, you’re a disgusting form of life, by the way, just simply for your logic. Seriously.

2. Mike Litoris says:

Hey Charles, I got news for you. The BJ’s stop once you get married. It’s one of the conditions of marriage.
      Word.

12. Vicky says:

Okay so the guy will be found guilty of placing the semen in her drinking water but the charge of making her ill will be dropped because the jurors will say to themselves – “how many times have I heard of a women becoming ill from drinking semen?”

13. Charles says:

“notlovinLA” Try using some of that two digit I.Q. you have before responding so you wont seem so narrow-minded. Your assumptions about me “never being married” are incorrect and a “disgusting form of life” to one is a great life for another. Nice ASSUMPTIONS and OPINIONS…lol

1. notlovinLA says:

Well thank you!🙂 Glad I was SPOT ON. Have a great day!

14. Luca Brozzi says:

My take is that notlovingLA has a hard time being accepted by society, or, excuse me for a second….he/she belongs to a brain washed Christian cult, where thank you Jesus comes up every other word, or sex is not something in his/her dictionary, however the vaste majority of people are not disgusted by sex as you are.
    Enjoy life and enjoy sex as long as you can, cause when you get old is too late.

1. notlovinLA says:

LOL, you’re funny, Luca Brozzi. You’re free to assume what you think you know about me by what you read from my comments. I don’t care. I don’t know you from Adam. Oh, yes, and I mean that Adam that’s mentioned in that book, you know, (whispers) the Bible. My comments could mean whatever you want them to mean. When I read comments from ignorant and gutter-trash people, I just call it as I see it. The fact that you’re attacking something that is quite good only proves you’re one of those ignorant and trashy people. How you must love your life.

15. Nutzo Nicky says:

The guy should be arrested as a mass murderer. Killing all those potential babies.

16. P.R.B. says:

I swallow my own semen all the time and the only reaction I’ve ever had was the desire for more!

1. Dane says:

I hear ya P.R.B.

17. Wendy's Son says:

Occassionally I will spread semen on a scone and it has never made me sick. Fact!

18. Irving R. Schwimmre says:

I need more facts. Was this a wide mouth bottle? Did she happen to use the water as eye drops at any point?

19. David Wong says:

It’s amusing how notlovinLA actually takes the time to go back to this article and replies to ANY comment that even silbilates on behalf of his name or opinion. What an obsessed keyboard warrior. Btw, I happened to come upon this article while researching information on semen related cases. It’s now August 7, 2011. If you actually get notified via email and reply to this comment, even after 2 years, your arrogance to win every keyboard battle is getting the best of you. Loosen up and acknowledge that the world of knowledge doesn’t revolve around your ignorance and excuse as a contributor to articles.

20. David Wong says:

And before you get at me with the “2 years”, I was referring to the case and not the article. Nice try.🙂

Not loving L.A., yet you’re reading an L.A. article, rofl. What a contradictive tool. Smfh.