Woman Says Her Internationally Bred Show Dog Is Stolen From Her Yard

NORTHRIDGE (CBS) — A Northridge woman says her prized show dog was stolen from her yard around 6 p.m. Thursday evening.

Shauna Summers says someone unlocked her back gate (at Roscoe and White Oak) and took off with her Russian white wolfhound.

The dogs are also known as Borzois.

The missing dog is male, 80 to 90 pounds and has a completely white coat.

Summers says the dog has collar ID tags and is microchipped.

If you have information about Summers’ dog, please call (818) 705-4972 or (818) 614-8305.

1. nkg0515 says:

THAT is a show dog?

2. Vicki Flynn says:

“THAT” is a very expensive show dog. Borzois aren’t your average puppy store breed.

3. Simon Hollywood says:

The REWARD has been increased by $1000, by a friend of the family.
    I encourage other people with the means to do so, to up the ante and pledge additional Reward Money.
    The is High Dollar Thievery, that needs to be offset with a sizable reward to encourage those in the know, to come forward and do the right thing!

4. Donna Taylor says:

There is a reward. Please keep an eye out for this very special dog. He does stand out and would be hard to miss.

5. Sibe says:

I wish I could help.
    One problem though, I’m from Ireland. I’ll spread the word.

6. Ginnie says:

“Completely white”, sure, those marks on the hip prove it.

1. SLabs says:

Look up Borzois on Wikipedia. Do you really think someone who sees this dog will dismiss him because of the markings? Some people…

7. Shauna says:

There is no price to be put on him, I just want him safely returned and anyone who may know anything to PLEASE call me. He is my best friend and my family member above all else. Please respect this and hope he is found.

8. Passerby says:

Sorry about your dog. I keep my purebred pup in my sights when I put him outside. My brother actually tried to scale the fence today to scare me but my puppy barked at him and then he got stuck for a few moments. Hope you get your dog back. People have been stealing dogs to try and get reward money.

9. Tiffany says:

If the dog is microchipped then why is nobody tracking to find it? I thought when animals are microchipped. They can track them with gps or something like that?

Poor dog! I hope they find the dog and put that person whoever stole it in prison for life!

1. Samantha says:

Tiffany, from what I’ve been told over the years, microchipping isn’t like a gps tracker, but just a chip that holds the owner’s information. So, if he was found by a responsible person, he could be taken to a vets office or somewhere that they have the chip reader so that they could get Summers information.

Sending out happy thoughts and wishes for a safe and joyful reunion — very soon!

10. Shauna says:

UPDATE for everyone: HE IS NOW SAFE 2-5-2011 someone returned him to the yard at 7 am after my frantic 4 am city search. We had the gate open just in case he was loose but whomever returned him shut it behind him!!! I wish I had seen who dropped him off but I was so surprised to see Evarest right at my front door…Thank you whomever you are for doing the right thing and returning him home.

I am eternally thankful for CBS Los Angeles for helping with media coverage to return my special boy, this is truly a miracle and gives me a sense of community I have never felt before. THANK YOU to everyone online for spreading the word and calling with any tips. Needless to say, our home and his safety is now secured.

11. Best SEO Plugins says:

I do not thoughts paying just a little for quality. I would like the reviews to crawlable by search engines, and if doable I want the plugin to do some IP monitoring…