Relationship Expert Dr. Patty Ann Tublin Visits KCAL9
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Relationship expert Dr. Patty Ann Tublin visited KCAL9 Thursday to share tips on how to spice up Valentine’s Day.
She recently released an E-Book: The 3 Secrets to Increase Romance & Happiness In Your Relationship.
The following are some of her relationship tips:
1. Spice up your romance on Valentine’s Day and continue to keep it interesting for your loved one.
• Write short, little notes expressing your love for your partner and leave them in a place where they will least expect it
• Make their life a little easier. (i.e. put toothpaste on their toothbrush in the morning or leave their favorite cereal in a bowl at night so they are surprised to find it waiting for them in the morning)
• Make a treasure hunt using little yellow post-it notes and have your partner’s favorite snack – or some other type of surprise – at the end of the trail
• Make a fake temporary tattoo on your body with lipstick or eyeliner – maybe draw a heart with your partner’s initials inside it
• Bring home flowers or a romantic card – “just because”
• Surprise them with their favorite movie and watch it together on the couch
• Take your partner to their favorite restaurant one evening instead of going to yours
2. Ways to prioritize your relationship time with work time
• Set aside time in your schedule
• Don’t let anything else distract you or take priority over this special time
• There is no “make-up” for the time lost with your honey
3. Tips on how to be “present” while spending time with your spouse or partner
• Be in the moment
• Turn off your phone or computer
• Special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, achievements, etc.)
4. Successfully expanding your schedule for quality time with your honey
• Slow down, stop rushing
• Pay attention to what matters
• Making quality time takes practice