‘Peeping Tom’ Sought In South Pasadena

SOUTH PASADENA (CBS) — Police Saturday released a sketch of a man wanted for allegedly peeping on a 15-year-old girl while she dressed in South Pasadena.

The incident reportedly took place last Tuesday at 10:20 p.m. at a home in the 2000 block of Primrose.

The teenage girl spotted the man through the partially closed blinds of her bedroom window, as she undressed, according to the police bulletin. The suspect was holding a camera and the girl reported seeing a flash.

Police Looking For Peeping Tom In South Pasadena

She turned away to finish dressing and when she returned to the window; the suspect was gone, according to police.

The girl told her parents, who then called 911. Police responded immediately, but did not find the suspect.

“It’s somebody who has an addiction that they’re trying to feed and it’s criminal,” said Cpl. Matthew Ronnie of the South Pasadena Police Department. “Luckily the young woman had her senses about her to get a good look at him, so she knows what he looks like.”

The suspect was described as 6 feet, 2 inches tall, 165 pounds, 30-35 years old with receding gray hair and gray/blue eyes.

Neighbors in the tight-knit community circulated fliers Saturday in hopes of developing leads in the case.

“We do Christmas Carols together, we do block parties together, so we practically know everybody on the block,” said neighbor Peter Leung.

Police ask that anyone with information should call them at 626-403-7280.

1. Onclewillie says:

As president of the “Tom anti-defamation league” I demand the immediate cessation of the use of the phrase “peeping tom” as it brings all Toms into disrepute. All people should be judged by the content of their soul and their deeds and not just their name. How much longer must Toms put up with this attack on their honor and integrity.

2. common sense says:

If you don’t want to be starred at, then just shut your blinds.

3. lala63 says:

It was dark … this guy is looking in the window – how could she have seen him that well. And there was a flash? Really, how did she see anything at all? Sounds suspect to me.

4. Yeah Right says:

Yeah right. She saw a peeping tom outside and only “turned around”? she didn’t run? Then she “returned to the window after”. No way, not in a quiet community. And he just happened to have a camera? Great description from a partially closed blind…

5. Unanimous says:

Hey I know that Guy!!!!!! His name’s Ferris Bueller who would have ever thunk!

6. duh says:

Men like watching women in various states of undress. It’s an addiction all men have, and one I believe all women like us to have (otherwise, they wouldn’t bother weary sexy attire or makeup). As posted above, if you don’t want this type of attention, CLOSE YOUR BLINDS. If you think a man walking by catches a glimpse of you partially dressed is going to cover his eyes, that’s not very realistic. We are just aren’t that civilized, and aren’t going to be 1k years from now.

And yeah.. people have cameras and cell phone cameras.

While I would be petrified if this happened to my own daughter (more due to stalkerism than anything else), I also know this wouldn’t happen to my daughter, because I would teach her how to operate her window blinds.

7. Mel says:

I used to be a peeping Mel, but I grew out of it. I did see quite a few Beautiful girls, but I would never had hurt any, I just happen to really love Women.
    Most people would not understand this, but Most men if they were as fast on there feet as I was might have taken the chances I did. I was a track star in high school.
    I slept with some of the most pretty girls in Hi school.

1. Elvis says:

Thank you for the weirdest news comment I have seen all day.