Melissa Rivers To Mom: Enough Plastic Surgery!

PASADENA (AP) — Melissa Rivers has a message for her mom: enough plastic surgery!

She said her 77-year-old mother’s surgical enhancements are a source of conflict.

Comic Joan Rivers said in a book she wrote two years ago, “Men Are Stupid … And They Like Big Boobs — A Woman’s Guide to Beauty Through Plastic Surgery,” that she’s had more than a dozen cosmetic surgeries.

“In my opinion, it’s like enough,” Melissa Rivers said. “Stop it. It is a source of conflict, it really is. It bothers me.”

The two women were at a news conference Friday to hype their upcoming WE network reality series, “Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?” The series premieres Jan. 25.

Rivers joked about her daughter’s concerns, but said it’s part of being in show business and doesn’t think there’s any such thing as too much.

“If you had a dollar for every stitch in the face of someone you interviewed, you wouldn’t be here,” she told reporters.

Comments

1. The Joker says:

She looks like the JOKER on Batman…SCARY!!!!

1. Jeffrey n says:

You mean Melissa, Right?

2. Richard Chattaway says:

I agree she is a joke.

3. StreekyD says:

She IS a Joker…

1. avril says:

The doctor who made her plastic surgery was a joker:d

2. Rod Garrett says:

Easy Melissa, if it wasn’t for your Mom you would be “NOBODY”. Wait, you are nobody.

3. Maury says:

She has unresolved issues. She is an insecure woman, has nothing to do with the show business line. What she needs is a good psychotherapist.

1. Jon says:

The last thing anyone needs is a psychotherapist.

1. vinko says:

no kidding

4. shle896 says:

It may not be politically correct to say so, but I think Joan looks awesome for pushing 80. Sure, it’s obvious she’s had surgery, but would looking like Barbara Bush be a better alternative?

1. lala63 says:

uh … YES it would.

2. E says:

I agree why not get the work done

3. Lamdog says:

Sound like a lib. Once again taken for style over substance. My question to you. What anger in your heart to denigrate Mrs. Bush to try to prove your inane point?

4. Mary says:

That was uncalled for – jj=ust grow old gracefully, just like Barbara Bush. She is a Jewel and not in the rough either – Genuine!

5. DTK says:

It is called aging with grace and style. Barbara Bush is a classy woman and Joan Rivers is a plastic freak. Go Babs!!!!

1. CK says:

No, Barbara Bush is the woman who made it a point to inform us all that she would never worry about dead soldiers as it would be a “waste of her beautiful mind”. I’ll take Joan and her Joker face over that woman. Nothing graceful or classy about it.

6. mooley says:

barbera bush used to look like george washington,,know she looks older then him

7. ancient mariner says:

Yes. What’s wrong with being comfortable in your own skin?

8. Danger says:

I totally agree, she’s hot!

9. Ana Fugazi says:

Better than looking like Michelle Obama!

1. White Cracker says:

Ouch that hurts! You must be a White Devil!

5. Sam says:

Yes, looking like Barbara Bush would be a considerably better alternative.

6. ChesterRiley says:

Joan Rivers has become, literally, one of the ugliest women alive. Her face is so taut that her eyes are slanting and is it possible that she can smile????? Her daughter is right. Mom you’re a plastic junkie.

7. joe luke says:

Johnny Carson was spot on about Joan. Her daughter is a nobody, always has been.

8. Kevin says:

I think that Joan Rivers has done well with her appearance and plastic surgery over the years. However, she has reached the point where it is best to let nature take its course–anymore surgery would make her look grotesque.

1. Boll) says:

She is grotesque and has a attitude to go with it. If I was her husband I would kill myself………………wait, he already did.

9. bellez says:

Oh leave her alone..A few more surgery’s she will be a full fledged Mannaquin and wa-la…immortality..Melissa can keep her close forever then..LOL

10. Aunt Bee says:

“Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.”
    – Napoleon Bonaparte

11. Poppadaddio says:

If she keeps getting facelifts, one of these days she’s going to get up from the operating table with a goatee.

1. cluelessinky says:

Great comment, you made my morning!

1. BobD45 says:

Mine too! Best quip I have read in a long time. I am still laughing. But the picture it conjures is not so funny.

2. Miriam Hoffberg says:

You made my day! I’m laughing so hard the tears are still running down my face!

12. James says:

I would nail her

1. NewOrleansAnn says:

With or without the goatee?

1. SerfOfObama says:

…goatee…blindfold…self respect…?

13. J.Upton says:

I love Joan Rivers and I think she is the funniest person alive. I love the way she looks. Yes it”s obvious she has had alot of work done. It’s her body let her alone, You go girl.

14. Dave Stoops says:

I feel sorry that Joan never met a real man that could convince her that real love is not dependent on big boobs, tight butt, etc. Beauty is skin deep…..Real beauty is in the soul…………….Joan is very shallow and I pity her…………..

1. Jetmag26 says:

She did have that man and he died and then this started. Let her do what she wants. If she were lying about it, it would be tragic but she’s open and honest and free to nip/tuck however she wants.

2. HollywoodSaint says:

you have a great personality…..you have probably feel off the ugly tree hitting every branch on the way down………..there has to be somewhat of a physical attraction before discovering the beauty in ones soul….

15. Linda says:

Joan’s actually has found a very good surgeon. I’d like to know who he/she is. Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers and a few others I could name haven’t. Joan looks a lot better now than she did years ago before she got started on this hobby of hers.

1. Tom Crews says:

JR’s surgeon is Gerry Anderson !

16. Boopsie says:

I’d do her

17. Quay says:

I hit both of em.

18. Chukkal says:

Her face has become funnier than her routines……

19. korkord says:

Joan just wants to be loved.

20. amplitude jones says:

It may not bother any democrats beyond the daughter, but it bothers the effing H out of normal Americans.

1. Nancy says:

What do Democrats have to do with it?

1. White Cracker says:

Cause they are all ugly! F-Democrats!

21. Angry Dude says:

Effin Mutants the both of them

22. Jim Koy says:

With the possible exception of Gloria Allred and Lisa Bloom, Joan and Melissa Rivers are the sexiest mother-daughter act out there. God bless plastic surgery (and good genes, of course). Melissa has a long-life of looking-good ahead of her!

1. Dan Palin says:

Gloria Allred? The ambulance chasing Mutt-Socialist? Of yes shes a real beauty.

2. Niall says:

Gloria Allred’s main problem (apart from her leftist legal work of course) is her schnoz. How’d she ever get it bent over to the right like that? With a decent nose job she wouldn’t look too bad.

23. Pamela Hausauer says:

Joan Rivers looks great!, she is really a piece of worK!, don,t worry about her, Mellissa, she will be just fine!

24. notjoan says:

does anyone really care?

25. notjoan says:

on second thought, that might be her face, but that isn’t her hair. Women her age have thin hair or no hair

26. LFuoliani says:

Melissa, Kettle. Kettle, Melissa.

27. bea troux says:

I’ve watched Joan for years, and I also think she looks better now than in her early years–before the surgeries. I admire her because she’s made it on her own and she’s gutsy. I can only wish that when I am her age I look as attractive and smartly dressed as she.

28. Laney says:

Sadly, Joan Rivers’ face now looks as exaggerated and artificial as a Halloween mask. When they look into a mirror, Joan, Wayne Newton, Kenny Rogers, and countless other celebs that’ve chosen a similar path, are incapable of seeing the horror that the rest of us see. This is absolutely a psychological issue, but they have the right to do anything they wish to their faces, regardless of the ghastly the results.

29. Mic says:

Joan looks FABULOUS!….well worth the cost of the surgeries. If you can afford to look better than “natural”, you should do it…..even if it’s just putting on a little makeup or exercising into a smaller dress size. Shows you care about yourself.

30. Gina says:

I agree with the Daughter. At any age its dangerous, but the older you get the more so. Enough, she is 77 years old who the heck is she needing to impress anyway? Go Melissa!

31. brian says:

is it just me, or does melissa look like steven tyler?

32. Rusty says:

The woman is an obnoxious freak. Always has been. Looks like an extraterrestrial.

33. Eric-Gunther :Oberhauser says:

Anyone who can get excited by a bag of silicone is a low-life pervert.

34. Hank Warren says:

Joan River’s face, Lindsay Lohan, Jersey Shore, all distractions. As the Mainstream Media creates illusions, the US gov’t (and their corp. friends),start more illegal wars, ban books like “America Deceived II” and bail out banks.
    Last link (before Google Books bans it also]:

35. CLH says:

I prefer the natural look of Barbara Bush over someone who has been ‘enhanced’. One more face lift for Rivers and she is going to have a beard!

36. sueinmi says:

Her plastic surgeon did a better job than stretch Pelosi’s.

37. AG1 says:

When Joan Rivers first had plastic surgery, she looked great in my opinion. Now, however, she has really gone overboard and has the appearance of a plastic doll. Very unflattering if you ask me. I agree with Melissa.

38. Barbara says:

Melissa is right. I feel sorry that she has to see her mother disfigure herself like that. Won’t be long untiil Joan’s mouth meets her ears. Pitiful.

39. Alana says:

I love Joan! She looks great and earned eveything she has. I won’t watch the show with Melissa, though, because, sorry Joan, I just cannot stand her. It’s honorable that you keep trying to get her jobs in the industry but it’s just not working.
    Melissa has a lot of nerve talking about Joans plastic surgery after the nose/boob jobs she has had…Hypocrite!

40. Hojo says:

Inner beauty far outshines the exterior any day. Some of the most “attractive” women I know are that way not because of their looks but because of their kindness and warm personalities.

Just think about the “physically attractive” people that are mean and nasty to everybody to really put it in perspective…aren’t they ugly and would you just love to take a baseball bat to them?

41. roy_batty says:

I watched Joan Rivers on Graham Norton a couple times last year. Never laughed so hard as I did with her. She is a treat, oh grow up!

42. TODO says:

A grotesque gargoyle…and apparently proud of it! Please, just fade away to invisibility and finally give it–and us–a rest . You’ve had your decades in the sun, now GO AWAY!!

43. Tskm says:

Joan, listen to Melissa. She really does know best.

44. jen newman says:

the only thing i noticed being really obvious were her lips. it looks like they had too much Botox recently cause they never used to look that puffy!

Jen Newman

45. kim says:

yes, they should make a law limiting the amount of plastic surgery you can get. People just are not capable of making these decisions for themselves. Melissa should take her mom to court and make them stop her and use her for emotional trauma while she is at it. It must be so difficult for Melissa to live this way, to have to face her mother looking so perfect.

46. lee says:

I think she looks amazing for 77. I do think she needs to stop now and also slow down on the fillers, she has the hollywood puffy face thing going on, like many starlets in their 20’s

47. Solagne says:

Melissa is cool. She has a whole time job just being THE daughter. Its tough to have such parents. Go Melissa!!!!

48. sbenard says:

Joan Rivers, like Cher, is more carved up than a Thanksgiving turkey!

49. Steve B says:

Joan Rivers = self mutilation

50. RM says:

Actually Melissa is starting to look a lot like Steve Tyler from Aerosmith in drag.

51. Terry says:

Yes, enough plastic. She should stand proud with her twin sister Nancy Pelosi and face their faces together.

52. Al Bendova says:

Sad commentary on society when so much emphasis is placed on physical appearance. Johnny had it right about Joan.

53. Cyril says:

Memo to Joan: Enough already! You are beginning to look like
    the “Cat Woman”, Jocelyn Wildenstein !

54. Evie Garone says:

I think Joan needs to cool out. I think she is addicted to plastic surgery and Joan is just trying to do an intervention! She has gone a little to crazy, she looks like she can’t even move her face anymore, her eyes are too slanted and her nose is nothing but rhinoplasty. She is starting to look suspiciously like Michael Jackson! What a shame!. I think people should leave Barbara Bush out of it. She’s not in to the Glamour Scene!

evelyngarobe.com

55. Evie Garone says:

I mean MELISSA is trying to do an INTERVENTION….

56. ladysmith38 says:

I think they used some Michael Jackson parts on her face

57. rose says:

leave her alone its her money and her pain
    geezzzzz

58. Susan says:

Do any of you remember Escape from LA with Kurt Russell. There were plastic surgeons there who stole unsuspecting humans so they could harvest their eyes, etc. for plastic surgery. They all looked just like Joan Rivers. So what department store manikin are they posing for here??

59. garylolong says:

Didn’t Joan Rivers use to be on Mount Rushmore?

1. SerfOfObama says:

Yes, but her likeness was destroyed by the last glacier.

60. Niall says:

Meliissa is exactly right. Her mother now looks like something out of a horror movie. Too bad we all have to grow old, but better to grow old naturally than go to those lengths and end up looking like your face is something you take off at night and hang up.

61. dave says:

Women can obviously be stupid too, Joan is the poster child on that…..

62. dave says:

Jay Leno is prettier than Joan, I guess thats why he got the job……

63. Vivian says:

I think Joan is a classy lady and looks great, but I think now is time for all good things should come to an end . If too far over done, could turn out bad experience, like MJ. Enough is enough now, Joan, listen to your daughter. Love you like you are.

64. Teresa says:

Go Melissa!! I will watch this show. Joan is funny!!!🙂

65. Mushu says:

Totally agree.

1. Mushu says:

(I meant to agree with Laney’s comment.)

66. Jon says:

Celebrities crack me up. And their kids are even funnier.

67. kevinAZ says:

She’s a comedienne – why wouldn’t she want to look like the Joker?

68. Shelley says:

The show sounds like a winner for both women…Great! I think Joan looks good and she is in show business, it is a business and people in this business have all had plastic surgery…as for Melissa, I saw her a few years ago on a reality show and she is a genuine person…she’s the real deal…Joan you raised a great daughter …. yes, you are a wonderful mom ….. You’re a winning team and much success on your new program.

69. terminu says:

I don’t know, having worked in old age homes I would often think how much better it would be if those flaps and sheets of skin covered with untreated age-related lesions would look so much better with some nips tucks and zaps. Really, it can be awful. Some of you talk about growing old gracefully, but these people wind up with enough skin to wrap themselves in twice, and give turkeys a run for the money for gobbler necks. Sometimes to tell you the truth it made me nauseous. I think I prefer Joan’s well kept look, even if it is plastique.

70. 1984AnimalFarm says:

Joan is the female answer to Michael Jackson.

71. Michelle Georgevich Hellgeth says:

Joan Rivers is hysterically funny and if she’s got a psychological hang up, so what? People cope with life’s sorrows in different ways — so this is her way. As for her daughter – how much angst or worry did her daughter cause Joan growing up? And I’ll bet Joan was always there for her, even if it was a sacrifice.. Joan is on teh backside of life, she’s entitled to find happiness anyway she wants as long as she’s not hurting someone. Leave her alone and the daughter needs to shut up!

72. Michelle Georgevich Hellgeth says:

Melissa Rivers To Mom: Enough Plastic Surgery!

73. Michelle Georgevich Hellgeth says:

1. GRANNYSMITH says:

THANK YOU FOR BEIING A THOUGHTFUL HUMAN BEING.

74. Alice Ramirez says:

Joan looks a lot better than Nancy Pelosi, who has had about the same amount of work done on HER face, and Joan’s about 5 years older than the Red Queen. Still, my sympathies are with the daughter. Every time someone go in for surgery, under general anaesthetic, it’s a risk.

75. Pouncekitty says:

If she has any more surgeries, she’ll look like Nancy Pelosi! As for Barbara Bush, at least she has the self-respect not to surgically alter herself. You see, girls? Plastic surgery = poor self-esteem = an Obama voter.

76. Eyeball says:

It reaches a point where a face lift doesn’t help. Right Michael Jackson? Right Joan Rivers?

77. pgy says:

Which one would you rather have lunch with Barbara or Joan?

78. phill says:

say what you like Joan is the best women comic still on stage. I hope I have the type of energy she as whn im 57 hell 67 never mind 77….. joan darlin you go girl

79. GRANNYSMITH says:

SHE HAS BEEN A GREAT COMEDIAN FOR MANY YEARS. ENJOY HER WIT. WHAT SHE DOES COSMETICALLY IS NOBODY’S BUSINESS, INCLUDING HER DAUGHTER. WE MUST LIVE OUR LIFE FOR OURSELVES, NOONE ELSE.

80. Rankin says:

hey briuce jenner you listening?

81. Please listen to your own child she really loves you Joan , listen to her know one loves you more but Jesus and your Child loves you !!!! God show you the way.

1. White Cracker says:

She is a Jew! She dont believe in Jesus! I love you Jesus!!!

82. autoversicherung adac test says:

Approve None,yeah store sell since rely sound access help kill ensure blow exhibition path union employer idea save his powerful release sufficient funny duty complex big dry glass relief summer curriculum chance late throw increase beat via reaction skill aware raise initiative hand meeting speak seat measure price slow thin by heavy type good assume recall phase repeat when chapter poor sport somewhat control assembly tall artist doubt funny reduction beginning course no scientific contribution favour some alone power drive existing training head forget size

83. Gwyndolyn says:

I love the mother and daughter combo, I love their show! Joan has very witty remarks she is sharp and on the ball. great dresser and If plastic surgery is her design then what do we have to say about it. Hater’s move on!