It’s Christmas Eve and you find you have unexpected guests or left someone off your shopping list? Etiquette expert Elaine Swann visited KCAL 9 News with tips on how to pick the perfect last-minute Christmas gifts:
- Food – Share a favorite recipe
- Time – Whether it’s babysitting service or a lunch date with a loved one or friend, give the gift of your time.
- E-certificate – Most websites offer e-certificates that can be emailed directly to the recipients.
- Photos – You can place a photo in a frame and give it as a gift.
- Subscriptions – Search online for the perfect magazine and give them the gift of a year long subscription.
- Re-gift – Nothing wrong with re-gifting. Just follow these guidelines:
- Don’t re-gift within the same circle of friends.
- Choose only gifts of value. No junk, gag, or worthless gifts.
- Do not give used gifts, they should be brand new.
- Wrap the gift nicely just as you would any other gift.
- Think before you give. Make the gift personal.