Movie Memorabilia Auction To Benefit SAG Charity
LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Autographed movie posters, luxury gift baskets, even a meet-and-greet with Ernest Bergnine, will be up for bid at the Screen Actors Guild charity auction.
The auction’s proceeds will benefit the SAG Foundation, which funds programs for guild members in financial distress, video and audio preservation efforts and scholarships for performers and their children.
Bidding in the auction continues through 5 p.m. on Dec. 17. Bids can be made online.
Some of the items available for bid are:
- “The Kids are All Right” poster autographed by Annette Bening, Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo;
- “House” DVD signed by the cast;
- meet-and-greet with Ernest Borgnine at SAG Awards rehearsals;
- tickets to a taping of “Chelsea Lately”; and
- a “Hot in Cleveland” poster signed by Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White.
On Jan. 3, SAG will begin an online auction for bleacher seats on the SAG Awards red carpet. Another auction will be held in late January featuring memorabilia donated by SAG Award nominees, sponsors and other media.
(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)