LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Still have leftover Halloween candy? Give your treats to U.S. service members overseas.
Dentists all over America are buying back Halloween candy from their patients and donating the treasured treats to Operation Gratitude to send in holiday care packages to our deployed troops.
But it doesn’t stop with dentists: Schools, offices, gyms, restaurants, lots of other businesses and dedicated individuals are also collecting Halloween candy to donate to this great cause.
But exactly how much candy will be donated? How many tons, pounds and ounces? You have five opportunities to guess the total candy weight donated and win one of five great prizes.
Winners will be announced at the Operation Gratitude 600,000th Care Package Celebration on December 11, 2010.
How to Enter:
1. Go to any or all of the 5 Participating Facebook pages from November 5 through December 5.
2. “Like” the page (if not already liked)
3. Click on the “Photos” tab
4. Find the Album titled “Guess the Candy Weight 2010″ Album
5. Enter your Candy Weight Guess in pounds and ounces as a “Comment.”
Participating Facebook Pages:
e) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rogers-Gourmet-Coffee-Tea/61734534501 Prizes:
1. First Prize: $1000 donation to a 501c3 non-profit charity or K-12 school of winner’s choice, courtesy of Rogers Family Coffee Company plus a Sony Digital Camera
2. Second Prize: Peyton Manning Autographed Tennessee Volunteers Mini-Helmet with a Certificate of Authenticity from Upper Deck
3. Third Prize: Cafe Press Package of Operation Gratitude logo items, including a Flip Camera.
4. Fourth Prize: One year supply of Emergen-C® vitamin drink mix and a Minolta Digital Camera
5. Fifth Prize: Operation Gratitude Military Challenge Coin and a Sony Digital Camera.
1. Guesses must be in pounds and ounces format
2. Top five (5) closest guesses without going over the actual total weight of candy received through December 3, 2010 at 4:00pm Pacific Time will win the prizes. The closest guess wins First prize; the next closest guess wins Second Prize , the third closest guess wins Third Prize, the fourth closest guess wins Fourth Prize and the Fifth closest guess wins Fifth Prize.
3. Limit one guess entry per page, per Facebook user.
4. Limit one prize per person.
(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)