STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Are you looking for a pet sitter for the holidays?
Regina Cheung, the owner and general manager of Fetch! Pet Care in Marina del Rey, stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to share her tips to keep your fuzzy friend safe while you’re away.
Tips To Find A Pet Sitter:
1. Locate a pet sitter in your area using a reputable source.
2. Diligently check all of the company’s references – at least three should be voluntarily provided
3. Ensure the company is fully bonded and insured
4. Confirm that your sitter has undergone a criminal background check and has received proper training
5. Pre-interview sitter with your pet(s) present to observe interactions and establish a “comfort level” for both you and the pet(s)
6. Clearly state how you would like the sitter to use his/her visit time in terms of walking, playing, feeding, cleaning, etc.
7.Verify that the sitter can accommodate both your pet’s daily feeding and walking schedule as well as your desired vacation schedule, even during the busiest holidays
8.Ensure the company offers 7-day per week telephone and email availability
9.Provide medical and behavioral history about your pet(s) as well as veterinary and other emergency contact information, and gather all necessary supplies, including food, vitamins, and treats in one central location
10.Ensure the company has “backup” measures in place should your sitter have an emergency that prevents them from completing your assignment
For more information on Fetch! Pet Care, click here.