10 Injured In Knott’s Berry Farm Ride Mishap

BUENA PARK (AP) — Authorities say ten people have been injured in a rollercoaster accident at Knott’s Berry Farm in Orange County.

Fire Authority Capt. Greg McKeown says the accident happened Thursday night on the Pony Express.

He says two rollercoaster cars collided in the station where park guests board the ride. Nine people on the cars and one person who was waiting nearby were injured.

He says all 10 people were taken to hospitals with minor injuries.

1. Shauwnqueeisha Jones says:

I smell a lawsuit!

2. Carl says:

I am doing lawsuit against Knott’s anyhow for Janurary 3rd 2010’s action!

3. jen says:

OMG – it’s not like it flew off the track. Gimme a break. And a lawsuit for what, an accident? Those medical bills for their minor injuries will be paid by Knott’s. This is no lottery, no one was killed or seriously injured.

I pity the fool who tries to make a lawsuit out of this…. karma sucks. Pick your battles people.

4. Kyle says:

You guys really need to check your facts. Pony Express is a launching rollercoaster, There is no hill lift with a chain. What happened was after the first train launched, it didn;t have enough speed and momentum to go over the first hill, so it rolled back into the station.

5. Cesar says:

I was there when it happend… I’m a monster for knotts scary farm… Why do people always think that accidents are on purpose…. Get a clue people this was 100% accident

1. cody says:

i work there also and they check the rides daily but things happen with out noticing like driving on the freeway and theres a blow out it was an accident

6. Cynthia says:

My son knew it that it will come. We talked abt visiting KBF place. He said “No way..it’s too dangerous. Many of them get hurt or kill. Wanna bet?” He can take Disneyland or LA zoo. *sigh*

7. Havoc says:

This is not a case of chipping a nail. People who had no control over what was happening were hurt bad enough to be taken to the hospital on stretchers. Cedar Fair decided a few years ago that they wanted to pay less for maintenance staff. So many of them are now seasonal and are not paid well enough to keep quality people on the job. That is not to say they are not doing their best with a company that does not want to pay what it cost to keep things safe. I shudder when I think about some of the “repairs” the staff was instructed to make when I worked in the carpentry department for Haunt. They have had a bad record of accidents lately. The failed launch was a common problem on Accelerator. I lived across the street and would listen regularly to hear if the coaster would make it over the loop or fall back into the station. It was finally closed after injuring 2 guests. Now they have the same issue with this ride. Someone has to take responsibility.