RIVERSIDE (CBS) — All 10 Riverside County Family Care Centers are offering free flu shots for residents.
“The best way to protect yourself and your loved ones is by getting this year’s flu shot,” county Health Officer Dr. Eric Frykman said.
The shots combine the vaccines for seasonal influenza and the H1N1 virus, so there’s no need for two separate inoculations, according to county health officials.
“There is plenty of flu vaccine this year, and flu shots are already being given at retail outlets, such as drug and grocery stores,” said Tonya Geiger, disease control specialist with the county’s Department of Public Health.
The county’s Family Care Centers are open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays at the following locations:
– 3065 W. Ramsey St., Banning
– 505 S. Buena Vista Ave., Suite 101, Corona
– 880 N. State St., Hemet
– 47-923 Oasis St., Indio
– 9415 Mission Blvd., Jurupa
– 2499 E. Lakeshore Drive, Lake Elsinore
– 1515 N. Sunrise Way, Palm Springs
– 308 E. San Jacinto Ave., Perris
– 9415 Mission Blvd., Riverside
– 5256 Mission Blvd., Rubidoux
More information is available by calling the county’s 211 line or (888) 246-1215.
(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)