SANTA ANA (CBSLA) — Six winners — including one from Orange County — were chosen Thursday in the final drawing of the state’s “Vax for the Win” vaccine incentive program.
The prizes include trips to Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Rancho Mirage for up to four people.READ MORE: Kathy Griffin Announces She Has Lung Cancer
Winners were not publicly identified but will be contacted by the state.
The available trips up for grabs are:
- A trip to Anaheim, with two-night stays at three different resorts, two-day park-hopper tickets to the Disneyland Resort, dinner at the Anaheim White House and a $500 gift certificate to South Coast Plaza;
- a stay at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live, with two floor seats to a Lakers game, four tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood and visits to The Broad, the California Science Center and the Natural History Museum;
- a two-night stay at the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage, an 80-minute spa treatment for two and daily breakfast for two at State Fare Bar & Kitchen;
- a San Diego Beach Dream Vacation, featuring a five-night stay at Catamaran Resort Hotel, surf lessons, a series of dining gift certificates and tickets to the Padres, San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego and Legoland;
- a San Diego Downtown Dream Vacation, with a five-night stay at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, four tickets to the San Diego Symphony, dining certificates, passes to the U.S.S. Midway Museum, a harbor tour, Padres tickets and visits to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and SeaWorld;
- a five-night stay at the Hotel Nikko San Francisco, four San Francisco City Passes providing tickets to various attractions, dining packages at four luxury eateries such as Jaranita and Wilder, and four tickets to a Giants baseball game.
According to state officials, the incentive program has been successful, showing a 33% week-over-week increase in vaccinations in early June.READ MORE: Wild Pursuit Comes To An End In Baldwin Park
“This incentive program is about motivating Californians and offering gratitude,” state Public Health Officer Dr. Tomas Aragon said in a statement. “It’s a `thank you’ to those who are already vaccinated and those who have started their vaccination process to keep our communities safe from COVID-19.
“Data shows nearly all people who are dying from COVID-19 right now are unvaccinated. With evidence that the Delta variant is spreading even faster than previous forms of COVID, we cannot let up on our vaccine effort.”
Last month, the incentive program gave away 30 prizes of $50,000 each, and 10 prizes of $1.5 million.MORE NEWS: Scorching Heat, Strong Winds Brings Elevated Wildfire Risk To LA Region
(© Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)