LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Election Day is upon us, and a few companies are ready to reward voters and poll workers for doing their civic duty.
For anyone who needs help getting to the polls, Hertz Rental Car is offering drivers a free day if renting for two or more days today or tomorrow. MTA is also offering free rides to any Angelenos heading out to cast a ballot.
Mass transit passengers in LA can also drop their ballots off in drop-off boxes at 19 rail and bus stations.
If you get hungry after casting your ballot, you can also score a free doughnut at Krispy Kreme if you wear your “I Voted” sticker. If you plan to stay up late to watch returns, Boston Market has a coupon for a free late-night slider after 9 p.m.
We'll keep you fed for the late night ahead. Free Late Night Slider after 9pm. Offer only available in restaurant. One coupon per person. Offer valid November 3rd only.
— Boston Market (@bostonmarket) November 3, 2020
And if all the election news is stressing you out, Planet Fitness is offering a free workout and hydro-massage.
Poll workers are also getting a lot of gratitude in the form of free meals.
A non-profit called Feed the Polls will send out catering trucks from The Habit to feed poll workers at several locations until 3 p.m., including:
- Agoura Hills/Calabasas Community Center, 227040 Malibu Hills Rd. in Calabasas
- E C Bilbrew Library, 150 E. El Segundo Blvd. in Los Angeles
- Carver Elementary School, 1425 E. 120th St. in Los Angeles
- Lucy Avalos Community Center, 11832 Atlantic Ave. in Lynwood
- Citizens of Zion Missionary Church, 12930 S. Lime Ave. in Los Angeles
- Rosecrans Recreation Center, 840 W. 149th St. in Gardena
Amazon has also teamed up with Homeboy Industries to feed about 800 poll workers at 55 voting centers across the county.