BURBANK (CBSLA) — If you’ve been craving Ikea’s most popular dish, you can now make them while staying Safer-at-Home.
The furniture giant has shared its recipe for its famous Swedish meatballs and cream sauce.READ MORE: Authorities Still Searching For Suspect Wanted In Fatal Palmdale Shooting On Friday
On Monday, the company took to Twitter to share the beloved recipe saying, ” “Missing your Ikea meatball fix? We’ve created a recipe for you to recreate this delicious dish in the comfort of your own home.”
— IKEA UK (@IKEAUK) April 20, 2020
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 500 grams (or 17.6 ounces) ground beef
- 250 grams (8.8 ounces) ground pork
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic (crushed or minced)
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Swedish cream sauce
- Dash of oil
- 40 grams (3 tablespoons) butter
- 40 grams (3 tablespoons) plain flower
- 150 milliliters (2/3 cup) vegetable stock
- 150 milliliters (2/3 cup) beef stock
- 150 milliliters (2/3 cup) thick double cream
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Combine beef and pork and mix thoroughly to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix. Add milk and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover and store in the fridge for 2 hours (to help them hold their shape while cooking).
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add your meatballs and brown on all sides.
4. When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven (325 degrees Fahrenheit) and cook for a further 30 minutes.
5. Begin making the cream sauce: In frying pan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and continue cooking, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes, allowing the flour to cook through. Add the vegetable stock and beef stock and continue to stir. Add the thick double cream, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.MORE NEWS: 2 Dead, 1 Critically Injured In Willowbrook Crash Stemming From Pursuit
6. When ready to eat, serve with your favorite potatoes — either creamy mashed potatoes or mini new boiled potatoes. Enjoy!