COSTA MESA (CBSLA) – The federal government has decided not to quarantine coronavirus patients in Costa Mesa, according to a court documents.

On Saturday, Costa Mesa residents and city officials gathered for an emergency meeting to discuss the growing concerns over the transfer to Fairview Developmental Center  for a group of California patients who were evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise line and have tested positive for coronavirus.

READ MORE: Officials On Rescue Mission To Free Whales Caught Up In Buoy, Rope

City leaders filed the injunction in an effort to protect residents and a judge agreed to put a hold on the decision.

RELATED: California Department Of Health Says It Received New Testing Kits For Coronavirus

Health officials in Los Angeles County, meanwhile, announced a Korean Air flight attendant who worked flights out of Los Angeles International Airport before being diagnosed with coronavirus “was not symptomatic” and “did not pose any risk to others.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the flight attendant did not develop symptoms until after departing L.A. County.

READ MORE: Debate Over Potential Use Of Vaccine Passports Heating Up

The flight attendant, who was diagnosed with the virus in South Korea, is said to have worked flights between LAX and Seoul on Feb. 19 and 20.

And in Newport Beach, parents said they were concerned after at least two transfer students from China were allowed into the classrooms at Newport Coast Elementary School after 14-day quarantines and no actual testing for the coronavirus.

“I don’t see why it’s a violation to say this is the area of China they came from and this is how long they’ve been here,” Dr. Jas Singh, a concerned parent, said. “I don’t want to jump to hysteria, but why would you put so many families in this community that’s so intimate at that much risk.”

Singh said she was not allowing her children to go to school due to the perceived risk.

MORE NEWS: P-22 Mountain Lion To Be Featured In Nature Mural In Watts

In a Friday night statement, the school district said it was carefully following all recommendations and guidelines from the CDC.