RIVERSIDE (CBSLA) – County health officials issued a quarantine order Thursday for a passenger who arrived at March Air Reserve Base (MARB) from Wuhan, China, on a U.S. State Department-chartered airplane after the person attempted to leave the base, officials said.

The person was one of 195 passengers who arrived at the base Wednesday.

READ MORE: VA Provides Veterans Experiencing Homelessness With Showers, Meals At Mini Tent City

According to a statement, Riverside County Public Health Officer Dr. Cameron Kaiser issued the order requiring the person to stay for the entire incubation period or until otherwise cleared.

“This action was taken as a result of the unknown risk to the public should someone leave MARB early without undergoing a full health evaluation,” officials said.

The plane touched down at MARB at 8:11 a.m Wednesday carrying 195 passengers, who were flown from the Chinese region where the deadly coronavirus was first detected.

Passengers were cordoned off from military personnel and were being checked for temperature and respiratory symptoms every 12 hours over the course of 72 hours, officials said.

With the exception of the person who was quarantined, passengers remained under voluntary isolation.

Jerrod Evans, who plays football in Wuhan and was a passenger on the flight that brought about 200 Americans back to MARB, told CBSNLA the situation in Wuhan is dire.

READ MORE: Gov. Newsom Extends Drought Emergency Declaration Statewide

“They’re scared, they are very scared, and so was I,” said Evans. “It’s something you can’t take lightly, you have to take this very seriously.”

On Thursday night, the United States Department of State issued a warning that said Americans should not to travel to China.

The warning came as the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a global emergency and the number of cases increased ten-fold in just one week.

But despite the new warning, Southern California travelers continued on their way to China.

“We’re all gonna wear masks,” Zoe Shen, a traveler said.

Shen and her mother were just two of many people wearing masks at Ontario International Airport Thursday night — preparing to board a China Airlines flight to Taipei, Taiwan.

MORE NEWS: New Parking Structure Opens At LAX

“I’m not nervous,” Wendy Shen said. “I think it’s OK.”