HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA) — Road closures in Hollywood began Tuesday evening in preparation for the 92nd Academy Awards ceremony happening Sunday, Feb. 9.
All lanes of Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from begin at 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Wednesday between Orange Drive and Highland Avenue as the installation of bleachers and the red carpet begins.READ MORE: Irv Cross, Former Rams Player And Broadcast Pioneer, Dies At 81
Hollywood Boulevard, with the exception of the north curb lane, will close again at 3 a.m. Sunday until 6 a.m. Feb. 12.
In addition to the full closure of Hollywood Boulevard, the following closures will take effect Sunday:
- South sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard between Orange and Highland, with the exception of an 8-foot pedestrian access.
- North sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard directly in front of the Dolby Theatre portal.
- North sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to Orange, with the exception of an 8-foot pedestrian access.
- Pedestrian mid-block crosswalk on Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange.
- South curb lane of Hawthorn Avenue from Highland to Orange.
Friday, Feb. 7 Closure:READ MORE: Families Of Loved Ones Lost To COVID-19 Push For National Day Of Mourning
- Hawthorn Avenue will close between Highland and Orange, and it will remain closed until 6 a.m. Feb. 10.
Saturday, Feb. 8 Closures:
- Orchid Street from 60 feet south of Franklin Boulevard to Orchid Alley.
- Orange from Orchid Alley to Hollywood Boulevard.
- North and south sidewalks of Hawthorn Avenue from Highland to Orange.
- North sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to Orange.
- West sidewalk of Highland from Johnny Grant Way south to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Johnny Grant Way from Highland to Orchid Street.
Sunday, Feb. 9 Closures:
- Hawthorn Alley from Orange to Highland.
- Orange from Lanewood Avenue to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Hollywood Boulevard sidewalks from Highland to 300 feet east of Highland.
- South sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard directly in front of Hawthorn Alley.
- East sidewalk and curb lane of Highland from Yucca Street to Sunset Boulevard.
- West sidewalk of Highland between Hollywood and Sunset boulevards along with the west curb of Highland from Johnny Grant Way to Hollywood Boulevard.
- North and south crosswalks on Hollywood Boulevard at the Highland intersection.
- Highland Avenue from Sunset to Franklin Avenue.
- Hollywood Boulevard from La Brea Boulevard to Orange Drive, and Highland Avenue to Cahuenga Boulevard.
- Hawthorn Avenue between Orange Drive and La Brea, and from Highland and McCadden Place.
- McCadden Place from Yucca Street to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Wilcox Avenue between Sunset and Cahuenga boulevards.
Metro Red Line trains will bypass the Hollywood and Highland station Sunday with regular service resuming at 6 a.m. Feb. 10.
Metro bus routes along Hollywood Boulevard will be re-routed during the street closures.MORE NEWS: LA City Vaccine Sites Set To Reopen Tuesday, With Mostly Second-Dose Appointments
(© Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)