By Bj Dahl and Armen Keuilian
Major League Baseball just released a new minute-long promo spot featuring Angels center fielder Mike Trout. The commercial, titled “Mike Trout: I’m Exactly Who I’ve Always Been”, gives us a glimpse of his life off the field, from his humble small-town beginnings to his personal and family values.READ MORE: Garcetti: 88,000 Vaccines To Be Given Out During The Week At City Sites
“Maybe I’m not what everyone wants me to be, but I’m exactly who I’ve always been. I don’t play for the fame, the money or the endorsements. I’m still that same old kid, with a big dream and a decent swing,” Trout says.
The video, posted to MLB’s YouTube page and social accounts, is picking up momentum with rising views and positive comments.READ MORE: 'I Was Desperate': Prince Harry And Meghan's Bombshell Interview
Trout isn’t new to commercials. In March, he starred alongside Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, showing off his disco dance moves to promote a sports drink. It’s actually pretty hilarious.
MORE NEWS: Woman, Child Found Dead Inside Rancho Cucamonga Home
8 Facts About Mike Trout:
- His 28 homers are the most ever by an Angel at the All-Star Break
- Currently leads the league in homers (28), RBI (67) and OPS (1.098)
- Already in Top 100 in career Wins Above Replacement (70.1)
- #11 in MLB jersey sales in 2018
- Has finished 1 or 2 in MVP voting in 6 of his 7 full seasons (MVP 2 times)
- 8-time All-Star and 6 time Silver Slugger
- Since being called up for good in April 2012, he has NEVER gone 3 straight games without reaching base. (That’s just ridiculous)
- He is under contract with Angels through 2030