SAN DIEGO (CBSLA) — E. coli bacteria that has been linked to the San Diego County Fair has killed one child and sickened three others, health officials said Saturday.
According to San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, four children, ages 2 to 13, visited the fair from June 8 to 15 and had symptoms from June 10 to June 16.READ MORE: LA Officials Draw Awareness To Human Trafficking Ahead Of Super Bowl
A two-year-old boy was hospitalized and later died on June 24 from E. coli related complications. The three other children did not require hospitalization.READ MORE: Where To Get Your Free N95 Masks In Southern California
Each case was being investigated separately, but each child was said to have been in contact with animals at the fair.MORE NEWS: 2 Arrested In Drive-By Shooting That Killed Damian Preciado As He Drove With A Baby In Riverside
The San Diego County Fair closed public access to all animal areas, including the petting zoo.