LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — A suicidal man was stopped by LAX police from cutting his own throat with a straight razor.

Officers had seen the man park his vehicle on the arrivals level in front of Terminal 4, and had followed him to try to talk to him, but he wouldn’t respond, airport police spokesman Robert Pedregon said.

Pedregon says the officers sat the man down on a bench in the baggage claim area of Terminal 4 to wait for the airport police Mental Health Crisis Intervention Team at about 1:25 p.m. Sunday.

That’s when the man suddenly pulled out a straight razor and began to slice his wrist and forearm. When he put the razor to his neck to cut his throat, three officers grabbed the man by the arm, took him to the ground, and put him in handcuffs for his own safety, Pedregon said.

The man was treated at the scene and taken to a hospital for further treatment and a mental evaluation.

(© Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)

Comments (13)
  1. Jack Riley says:

Bag wait times are that bad at LAX.

2. Doug Day says:

He figured that was more pleasant than stepping outside and breathing the air…

3. Jennifer Anzalone says:

sounds like the man was attacked with V2K or synthetic telepathy; You do know that sun in the sky is a weapon now and is used for Mind control and DEW’s to the human body. Look up sun simulator from NASA. He probably was hit with a sonic attack to commit suicide. Look up the cuban diplomats who got hit with this technology. It is temporary and hopefully he is doing better due to the targeting on this planet and towards humans. Big ass war going on right now. It’s a holy war. It needs to explained to him that it is NOT HIM ; it is a technology that has been built from NASA and the secret space crew called the Rockefellers.. etc. Copper based DNA gang. Like i said, I hope he is doing better and NO he doesn’t need to be locked away. He NEEDS TO know that there is evil technology being used on humans right now. Good luck.

4. Robert Quinn says:

“Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.”

5. Bailey Moad says:

Why do suicides have to be so public. Nothing wrong with taking your own life quietly. Why are they so selfish to think it’s all about them? It’s not.

6. Christopher R Watson says:

May have been in a relationship with my ex

7. Tony Konte says:

Ending up in that liberal hell hole can do do that to a person

8. Bruce Harwell says:

I’ve had trips that made me feel as if I had died and gone to HeII, but I never tried to kill myself over it . . .