ANAHEIM (CBSLA)  —   Anaheim Police have announced the arrest of a suspect in Tuesday’s bizarre road rage incident which saw a man jump on the victim’s hood and repeatedly punch her windshield until it cracked.

Police identified the suspect as 28-year-old Joshua Robert Dalton of Anaheim.

Officials said Dalton was arrested Friday afternoon around 1:30 — without incident — near his residence.

Dalton was booked into the Anaheim Detention Facility for felony vandalism.

On Tuesday afternoon, around 2:45, the 34-year-old victim told CBS2/KCAL9 that she was driving near State College Boulevard and Lincoln Avenue with a friend in the passenger seat and her two daughters, 12 and 13, in the back.

(credit: Veneranda Valencia)

One of her daughter’s caught the incident on cellphone video.

The driver of a Jeep Liberty, believed to be Dalton, got out, jumped on her hood and hit her windshield until it cracked. The suspect then got back into his car and left the area.

On Wednesday, Veneranda Valencia told KCAL9’s Stacey Butler she was frightened by the incident. She didn’t want her face shown on camera, but she said, “I’m traumatized that he’s going to come back.”

Related Link: Disturbing, Bizarre Road Rage Incident Caught On Camera

Valencia said the suspect had been following her and she had no idea why and had never seen him before in her life.

On Friday evening, police told KCAL9’s Laurie Perez that the video Valencia’s daughter captured was instrumental in helping them capture Dalton.

A news viewer saw a report of the road rage incident and called them to say they recognized Dalton.

Police also told her Dalton has a record. He told authorities that Valencia cut him off and he “lost his temper.”

He remains by bars being held on a $20,000 bail.

Police said damage to the windshield was estimated at $1,200.

(credit: Veneranda Valencia, cellphone video)

  1. Liza Null says:

    My brother was beaten to death in a road-rage incident in Houston, Texas. One hot morning in July, a man rammed the back of my brother’s pickup with his own vehicle – and when my brother pulled to the shoulder to inspect the damage to his truck, the other driver pulled over, too. And got out, carrying an axe handle.

    And he proceeded to beat my brother senseless – he brought that axe handle down on my brother’s head SO. HARD. that when he put up his hand in a vain effort to shield himself from the blows, two fingers were severed from his hand. My brother’s cheek was crushed, and one eye came out of its socket. Multiple ribs broken. The big bone in his upper arm (you know how hard you have to hit a grown man, to break the bone in his upper arm?!?). Multiple skull fractures. Some of my brother’s teeth were found in his stomach contents – yes, his teeth were, quite literally, knocked down his throat.

    When our parents got to Ben Taub Hospital, our mother took his hand and whispered, “Baby, Mama and Daddy are here”, and instead of tears, blood ran down the side of his face from under swaths of bandages. Their beautiful, beloved son – battered beyond recognition He would hang on for 4 more days, and in that period of time, his attacker would be found and arrested. He pleaded “Self-defense”, but at his trial, the jury would have none of it – and he got 25 years. Thanks to the family’s letter-writing campaign, he did most of that sentence – he was denied parole at least twice, maybe 3 times that we know of.

    He did a total of almost 18 years.

    And today, he’s out of prison and he walks among us.

    I didn’t want to keep up with his whereabouts – I needed to let go and move on, before my own rage consumed ME, the same way Clarence Jones’s rage had consumed HIM on that day when he beat my brother to death on the shoulder of Almeda Road, in Houston Texas.

    A family member found out – I don’t know how – that these days, Clarence Jones is pastoring a church in Southeast Houston.

Leave a Reply