STUDIO CITY (CBSLA) — A cellphone video has surfaced showing comedian George Lopez getting into an altercation at a New Mexico Hooters with a man reported to be a vocal supporter of Donald Trump.

According to CBS 4 in Texas, the 15-second video recorded Sunday was posted by gossip news site TMZ. It starts with a man looking into his phone, saying, “Here comes my boy George” as Lopez appears to walk out of the restaurant. “Jorge Lopez!” the man says before the comedian asks, “Posting more bull****?”

WARNING: Video contains strong language.

Lopez then grabs the man’s phone as the alleged Trump fan says, “He’s a badass! Look at him! He wants to fight me!” Lopez says something unintelligible during the scuffle as he grabs the man’s neck.

“George wants to fight me!” the man says as the video ends.

On Wednesday, TMZ reported the man, aware of Lopez’s dislike of Trump, was only joking with his references to the president. He said that Lopez took away the his phone at one point and started filming his own crotch but failed to record. The man said that after Lopez returned the phone, he tried to cut the tension by telling Lopez, “On the count of three, say ‘Make America Great Again.'” He said that’s when the video starts.

The site reported police are looking into the altercation.

Lopez, a Mexican-American raised in the San Fernando Valley, has not been shy about his disdain for the president. In July, he pretended to urinate on Trump’s battered star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and he regularly mocks the president and his administration on his social media accounts.

This story has been updated.

Comments (83)
  1. George can use his popularity and platforms to spread all his hate. Those of us who don’t want to see it – are sometimes forced to. George however, can’t tolerate being exposed to others views he doesn’t like. Sorry Jorge – maybe you WISH people lined up for 2 miles to get into your shows, but many many people still love our President. The more dirtbags like George Lopez attack him, the more we want to show our support. Please Vote!!

2. Denise Hall Strong says:

I guess the left doesn’t like it when we retaliate and play by their rules.

3. Don McCoy says:

LOL! Glass Jaw Leftists…can dish it…not take it. HILARIOUS that George Lopez goes slumming at Hooters.

4. Stefan Martin says:

I really wish that guy knocked out Lopez-. Lopez had NO RIGHT touching anyone.

5. I wasn’t only a lifelong Democrat, but come from generations long Democrats. Yet, in 2020, I shall simply pull the all Republican vote handle at the voting-booth. The Democrats are now a vile and disgusting Party that I can’t wait to distance myself from as far as humanly possible.

#WalkAway

1. Michael Ganey says:

WOW! I am 71 years old and voted for the best man for the President ( or Women) ! Know from what I have learned about the Republican party they are not the party of Ike and i don’t even thing that they are Americans ( may be anything to win) ! If you are part of the Republican party I don’t care what you are running for I will not vote for you, because your party does not belong in American Society!

6. Clegg Jensen says:

Deliver the entitled La Raza grease ball to the Saudi Arabia consulate for interrogation.

7. George Lopez has had no act for years (except his annoying pandering to his nearly all mexican audience who love his “we’re Mexicans and you’re not” BS). Now he bashes Trump and that’s given new life to his stupid excuse for a comedy act. Own it George, it just makes it easier for the rest of us to see you as the racist POS you really are.

8. Dopey Lopey is all mopey cause he lost all his hopey and changy. MAGA MoFo

9. Coy Coleman says:

Jose Lopez and Carlos Mencia can go away now. Their 5 minutes is up.

10. Mark Mach says:

Added Lopez to my list of performers NOT to support. Hey, it adds up. He wasn’t that funny anyway.

11. Dan Purcell says:

Comedian??? Says who, that other loser liberal blow hole, Colbert?

12. Tina Long says:

he cannot handle only one man taunting when Cruz had several taunting him,,,Dems cannot handle what they give out

13. “A person close to Lopez told the site the man had been taunting Lopez the entire night, making pro-Trump comments and screaming “MAGA!””

Please explain to readers how making pro-POTUS comments is taunting.

14. And turnabout begins. The left has been sucker punching long enough and they are about to be experience payback, tenfold.

15. George Lopez is a washed up has been. This is the most air time he has had all month. 🙂

16. James Durkin says:

Just who is George Lopez, and why should I care?

17. Tina Smith says:

ok yes, if George put his hands on this guy without consent, then it is defined as assault and he could be charged. But if this guy spent the entire night taunting and harassing Lopez, he needs to get a life too. Why can’t people just leave people the hell alone. So what, Lopez is a loser, big deal. It’s not like taunting him is going to suddenly make him change his view. I try to stay away from people that (over)react to people of opposite opinions, its safer for them. Nothing is served by looking for trouble, you’re more than likely to find it.

18. beefrank says:

Maxine Waters’ words applied to the Left. How’d you like ’em apples?

19. Chris Shepard says:

Force Georgle Lopez to house all the Honduran and Guatemalan refugees! Let’s see how much he likes uncontrolled immigration afterwards!

20. Laura Ludwig says:

in native tribes, punishment for crimes against the tribe would be either “Banishment, Corporal,
    Retribution and or Restitution.

I Believe Warren owes the Native Americans a huge apology, then she needs to apologize to America, and than she needs to pay huge fined directly to the Native Americans.
    and last but not least, she needs to disappear to never be seen or heard from again so the people of this planet do not feel the need to vomit every time they see or hear her.

21. Hadrien Mayeux says:

When Mr Lopez make jokes about Trump supporter can we assault his ass too ? Pretty logical in my mind

22. Terrance Hill says:

This is why I learned Chin Na. If that fat traitor George put his hand on me like that I would break his arm so fast his kidneys would be the last thing on his mind.