SILICON VALLEY (CBSLA.com) — California is home to the youngest member of Forbes’ third annual richest person by state list released Wednesday.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, 33, ranked third-wealthiest on the list, finishing with a final worth of $62.4 billion. Zuckerberg beat out a fellow Californian, Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison, by $7 billion. Ellison is worth $52.4 billion.
Microsoft co-founder and Washington resident Bill Gates tops the list at $88.9 billion.
The top 10 richest Americans by state:
1. Bill Gates $88.9 billion Washington
2. Warren Buffett $76.2 billion Nebraska
3. Mark Zuckerberg $62.4 billion California
4. Michael Bloomberg $50.7 billion New York
5. Charles Koch $47.5 billion Kansas
6. Jim Walton $38.5 billion Arkansas
7. Alice Walton $38.2 billion Texas
8. Sheldon Adelson $35.6 billion Nevada
9. Jacqueline Mars $27.6 billion Virginia
10. John Mars $27.6 billion Wyoming