NEWPORT BEACH (CBSLA.com) — Four men who overdosed on an unknown substance were found unconscious Friday at a nightclub in Newport Beach.

Officers responded just after 1 a.m. to American Junkie, located in the 2400 block of Newport Beach Boulevard, according to police.

READ MORE: 'My Son Was Targeted,' Laguna Hills High Student Spouts Racial Slurs At Black Player During Basketball Game

Upon their arrival, authorities located the unconscious men on the floor inside the restaurant and bar.

READ MORE: Ag Startup And Walmart Building Tech-Operated Indoor Farm In Compton

Paramedics used gurneys to pull the men, who appeared to be in cardiac arrest, out of the building.

An update on their conditions was not immediately known.

MORE NEWS: Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Fatal Shooting In San Gabriel

CBS2’s Kara Finnstrom reported a car was towed from the parking lot, but it remains unclear if it is related to the incident.